YOUTH TEAM LEADER
Company: Abraxas Youth & Family Services
Location: Canon City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Facility:--SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTERCompensation
Base:--$17.50Compensation Bonus (if applicable):--Equal Opportunity
Employer.Now hiring--Team Leader--for--Residential Youth Treatment
Services--at--Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Center--in Canon
City, Colorado ---CHANGING BEHAVIOR. CHANGING LIVES.As a--Team
Leader--you will work directly with our most vulnerable adolescents
coaching them on life skills, appropriate decision making, and self
regulation; playing an active role in their treatment.-- If you are
looking to make a difference in the lives of children as well as
establish a rewarding career,--Abraxas Youth & Family Services--may
be the place for you!--We are currently hiring--Team Leaders--to
support our--Swing Shift--at our Southern Peaks Regional Treatment
Center working with adolescent girls and boys. This is a full time
position offering competitive benefits and paid time off.--Swing
Shift--shift schedule typically runs from 3 PM until 11 PM.--Team
Leader--shifts typically include a least one weekend day.Essential
- Supervise the activities of a group of youths, maintaining
knowledge of the whereabouts of all group members. Comply with
published procedures on movement, physical security, contraband,
headcounts, and reporting.
- Provide a safe, secure environment through the use of group
counseling techniques, motivational techniques, individual
relationships, ---positive discipline--- techniques, and the use of
crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques as needed.
- Represent each youth---s problems, needs, and accomplishments
to the treatment team, or provides progress reports to the
counselor representative on the treatment team.
- Call and/or conduct problem-solving group meetings, and daily
reviews with the assigned group of youths, providing prompts and
interventions to ensure that youth are helping each other and are
recognized for their efforts.
- Assist and promote activity planning and completion by the
assigned group of youths. Ensure that planning, doing, and
evaluating are part of the daily routine for each group and that
activities or opportunities for individual recognition are created
and used to treatment advantage.
- Document daily shift occurrences and frequent population count
as required by local and corporate policy. Make referrals for
special needs or medical evaluation, and brief oncoming shifts on
events of the past shift.Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a
national leader in the operation of residential treatment
facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and
their families.At--Abraxas Youth & Family Services, we offer hope
for individuals on a journey of recovery---recovery from trauma,
addiction, homelessness, and mental health issues.Abraxas is a
great place to start your career whether you have a high school
diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or
advanced degree.-- If you are interested in counseling, juvenile
justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a
difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at
Abraxas Youth and Family Services.--Job Requirements:Minimum
Requirements:--The following educational requirements are
acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED and minimum of one (1) year related
- Associate---s degree or Bachelor---s degree preferred
(Associate---s degree or sixty (60) credit hours from an accredited
college or university and minimum of one (1) year related
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.Other
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child
clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee---s state of
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Sixteen (16) days Paid Time Off per fiscal year (pro-rated in
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays Per Year
- Employee Assistance Program
Keywords: Abraxas Youth & Family Services, Colorado Springs , YOUTH TEAM LEADER, Hospitality & Tourism , Canon City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!