Cook - Namaste Alzheimer Center
Company: CHI Living Communities
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Summary: The Cook prepares and processes food for the
residents, staff, and guests in compliance with all regulations.
Department: Dietary Wage Range: $16.00/hr. - $18.50/hr. Essential
Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of recipe food prep procedures
and production sheets and possesses ability to guide other cooks in
- Follows recipes, using correct measurements of
- Checks the production sheets daily for food counts on puree,
ground, renal, etc.
- Distinguishes the different scoop sizes.
- Reads spreadsheets daily for scoop guidelines to use at each
- Uses production sheet to sent correct amount of food to
- Knows the proper set up and use of the steam tables.
- Before meal, sets up the steam table.
- Sets proper temperatures for food being served from the steam
- Gathers and uses the proper scoops on the steam table.
- After serving, breaks down and thoroughly cleans the steam
- Takes temperatures before, during, and after each meal, and
records it on temperature sheets.
- Maintains competencies in Serve Safe guidelines. Monitors and
instructs other cooks in Serve Safe Guidelines.
- Calibrates thermometer before each meal.
- Uses proper cool down of food before putting it away.
- Prevents cross contamination by preparing meats in one area and
vegetables in another.
- Makes sure that food is always at the minimum internal cooking
- Maintains proficiency in proper shipping of food procedures.
- Ensures that food is placed in proper containers (4" pans, 6"
- Covers hot food with saran wrap and aluminum foil.
- Labels each container with food type and which area it is going
- Before packing, makes sure that cambro boxes are clean and
- Takes food temperatures before sending it to residents.
- Operates all stoves, ovens, slicers, etc. and instructs other
cooks in proper operating procedures.
- Knows how to turn on and set temperatures on the oven, steamer,
- Operates the slicer utilizing safety guidelines and proper
cleaning after use.
- Operates the deep fryer and properly cleans after use.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by
CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis. In addition to
the essential job specific duties listed above, the Cook shall be
required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a
manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion,
excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living
Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every
employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety
policies, rules, and regulations. CHI Living Communities has the
right to change the job specific duties and specifications required
for the position of Cook from time to time without prior notice.
Job Requirements: Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
preferred. Experience: Minimum two years of experience. Cooking in
a Health Care or Hospital setting preferred. Attendance: Regular
attendance is an essential part of this job. Work Environment:
- Works inside a kitchen area
- Works in inclement weather conditions
- Tight time constraints
- Extended visual concentration Benefits: We recognize our
employees' contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering
benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance
and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow.
Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always
check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for
information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents
and our employees. Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees' professional and
personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
Work/Life Balance CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees
need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement Health Protection for You
and Your Family CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive
health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health
and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight
loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to
employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the
one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities -
Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount
program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more
about the Motion-- Program here Plans for You and Your Family's
Future We value our employees' futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance
valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the
1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program
through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for
employees and their immediate families, if ever in need
Keywords: CHI Living Communities, Colorado Springs , Cook - Namaste Alzheimer Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!