Behavioral Health Clinician
Company: Volunteers of America Colorado Branch
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: October 12, 2019
The Behavioral Health Clinician will provide clinical behavioral
health support and case management to highly-vulnerable individuals
and families experiencing homelessness in in-person, group, and
telehealth settings across Northern Colorado, the
Denver/Metropolitan area, and Southern Colorado. This position will
be integrated into Rapid Rehousing care teams charged with
stabilizing program participants in safe, permanent housing, and
will collaborate with program personnel across the state to ensure
sufficient access and connection to behavioral health supports for
program participants. Populations of focus may include individuals
and families experiencing homelessness, justice-involved
individuals, low-income households, and others as assigned.
Behavioral Health Clinician RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts intake, screening, psychosocial assessments,
psychotherapy, and crisis intervention as deemed appropriate and
necessary to support established program and service objectives.
Communicates clinical assessments, interventions, and ongoing
client contact via established processes.
2. Collaborates and coordinates with a wide spectrum of community
stakeholders in support of program objectives.
3. Works in collaboration with Rapid Rehousing care teams to
provide behavioral health support and to promote access and
connection to long-term behavioral health services.
4. Works to develop access and connection to supportive services
necessary for program participants to achieve service plan
5. Works within an established client records system to document
client interactions and progress towards documented service
6. Develops, monitors, and regularly updated individualized service
and treatment plans for assigned program participants.
7. Works with specifically assigned clients related to service
planning, documentation of progress, service tracking, and outcome
8. Performs crisis management activities as necessary.
9. Completes insurance authorizations and other reporting
requirements as necessary.
10. Understands and maintains client confidentiality and HIPAA
11. Maintains a positive and professional work environment.
12. Communicates clearly and effectively with program participants,
community stakeholders, and colleagues.
13. Completes all assigned tasks in a thorough, timely, and
14. Travels to field offices throughout Colorado as necessary to
support program operations.
15. Performs additional duties as necessary.
Behavioral Health Clinician Requirements:
1. Masters degree in social work, counseling or required experience
or human services.
2. One year experience in counseling with disenfranchised
populations (corrections and mental health).
3. Licensed LCSW or LPC required.
4. CAC II or higher strongly preferred.
5. Must achieve necessary credentialing and begin the process with
the goal of achieving immediately upon hire.
6. Travel time up to 50%.
7. Personal vehicle, registration, and insurance required. Mileage
expenses will be reimbursed according to annually reviewed
Type: Full Time
Behavioral Health Clinician Salary: $27.00 per hour
Behavioral Health Clinician Work Schedule: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
Keywords: Volunteers of America Colorado Branch, Colorado Springs , Behavioral Health Clinician, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!