Company: DaVita Medical Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Responsible for providing professional nursing care by assessing,
planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients under
the supervision of a clinician or RN, Supervisor, or RN Charge
Nurse. Delegates tasks as needed to professionals and
para-professional employees. Coordinates activities and works
closely with clinicians and staff to maintain efficient department
functions and ensure successful operation of the department.
Responsible for performing operational duties as required under the
supervision of the site administrator or designee.
* Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate DaVita Medical Group's commitment to superior customer
service, including quality, care and concern with each and every
internal and external customer.
* Uses, protects, and discloses DaVita Medical Group patients'
protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
* Performs various simple to moderately complex, comprehensive
patient assessments, tests and procedures within the scope of
practice of a Registered Nurse
* Obtains, interprets, records and reports vital signs
(temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure), height,
weight, and other pertinent patient information to clinician.
* Prepares patient for examination and other procedures.
* Develops an appropriate nursing care plan.
* Implements a plan of care by performing nursing interventions and
assisting with procedures.
* Instructs patient on procedural preparations.
* Administers medication and other therapeutic modalities within
the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
* Collects, labels and transports various specimens to appropriate
* Performs patient and family teaching.
* Maintains clinical standards outlined in the clinical operations
policies and procedures manual. Identifies deficiencies and
* Documents and maintains records of medical and nursing
* Coordinates with clinicians and ancillary departments to plan
daily work assignments according to staff abilities, clinician and
patient schedules, patient flow and procedures.
* Ensures adequate levels of supplies are maintained.
* Ensures that all equipment is maintained.
* Performs telephone screening and advice under the direction of
* Directs patients to appropriate levels of care and authorizes
* Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of
refills as ordered by clinician.
* Participates in educational programs to enhance nursing
* Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times.
* Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times.
* Performs additional duties as assigned. Education:
* Minimum: Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
* Minimum: Current State RN license.
* Minimum: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (AHA) or
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
* Preferred: Specialty certifications in OR, OB, GI, ER, CEN or
* Preferred: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric
Life Support (PALS) certifications
* Preferred: IV therapy and phlebotomy certification
* Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Preferred: AAACN
* Minimum: 1-3 years of experience
* Preferred: 5 or more years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Computer literate.
* Ability to type 25 wpm.
* Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
* Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
* Skilled in phlebotomy and I.V. therapy.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and
affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida,
Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading
independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over
two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based
medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of June 30, 2017,
DaVita Medical Group's teammates, employed clinicians and
affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million
patients. DaVita Medical Group's leadership development initiatives
and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune,
Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
Keywords: DaVita Medical Group, Colorado Springs , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!