Certified Nursing Assistant -HOME CARE
Company: Rocky Mountain Health Care Services
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: A CNA is responsible for assisting participants in the program for all inclusive care for the elderly (PACE) with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as showering, eating, dressing, etc. They also assist in the delivery of instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) and restorative care, such as accompaniment to clinic appointments, physical therapy exercises and quality of life activities. CNAs are instrumental in the fulfilment of our mission to keep participants living as independently as possible for as long as possible and function as an important part of the interdisciplinary team. CNA opportunities exist both in the day center, residential programs, as well as in the home of our participants and job duties and schedule are dependent on location and function (please see designation for a full list of duties below). MISSION - Improving Lives, Optimizing Wellness, Promoting Independence COMPETENCIES:
- Customer Service/Participant Focus
- Ethical Practice
- Technical/Skill Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Stress Management/Composure RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Documents services provided to participants consistently, accurately and in a timely manner via Electronic Health Record (EHR). Follows procedure for flow sheet completion.
- Participates in participants care planning through with interdisciplinary teams.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions, and practices universal precautions.
- Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive in a warm and caring manner to all customer groups.
- Participates in Quality Assurance and program improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Other duties as requested/assigned.
- Travels to participants homes to assist with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and foot nail care and toileting) as assigned/designated in the care plan.
- Assists participants with restorative and supportive care (including ambulating, positioning, transferring, skin care, catheters, enemas, home exercise program as instructed by physical therapist), as assigned/designated in the care plan.
- Assists in monitoring participants health status (vital signs, weight, skin condition, appetite and changes in functional ability). Observes participant when they are taking prescribed medications. Reports any concerns or major changes to Home Care Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Assists participants with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) (grocery shopping, cleaning, changing bed linens, laundry, meal preparation and other routine household care) as assigned/designated in the care plan. ORGANIZATIONAL (CORE RATING FACTORS):
- Demonstrate support of the Companys Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service
- Ensure discretion with confidential information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Support a collaborative work environment including courteous, helpful and professional behavior
- Embrace Organizational Excellence through practicing individual time management, efficiency and effectiveness and participating in continuous improvement efforts
- Adhere to and supports all Company policies and procedures
- Support and practices safe work habits in accordance with policies and procedures
- Bring ideas, problems and concerns forward and participates in resolution and implementation
- Participate in and completes regulatory compliance trainings within the prescribed deadlines
- Attend required meetings
- Maintain skills and knowledge required including written and verbal communication, best practices for industry standards, and computer competency
Keywords: Rocky Mountain Health Care Services, Colorado Springs , Certified Nursing Assistant -HOME CARE, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!