Social Worker, MSW
Company: Rocky Mountain Health Care Services
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 14, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The MSW, Social Worker is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing social work services to Rocky Mountain PACE participants and families. MISSION: Improving lives, Optimizing wellness, Promoting independence CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Participant Focus
- Problem Solving
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Stress Management/ Composure
- Teamwork RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for care coordination of hospital and sub-acute admissions and discharges
- Performs discharge planning coordinating admissions/discharges to contracted facilities for rehab, and permanent placement as needed
- Works with hospital staff, facility employees, and medical teams to ensure smooth admission and discharge of the participant
- Works closely with the PACE transition team to ensure that all participant family members and MDPOA/Guardian is informed and active in the discharge process, when appropriate.
- Builds rapport and relationships with all community partners while providing excellent care coordination of the participant.
- Maintains best practice and ethical social work according to NASW standards with all professionals and support systems involved in the participants care coordination
- Acts as liaison with participant and caregivers regarding orientation to and ongoing relations with interdisciplinary team, day center, and other Rocky Mountain PACE staff, including volunteers
- Provides ongoing support and education to participants and family regarding a variety of issues, including but not limited to the aging process, dementia, grief and loss, end of life, disease processes, difficult family dynamics, and changing roles
- Works to maintain participant housing through intervention with participant, caregivers, and housing. Will proactively work to partner with participant and/or caregivers to maintain appropriate housing and assist participant to function at most independent community level possible
- Performs home visits as needed to assess living environment, support system, and safety of the participant.
- Provides referrals and assessments with contracted personal care boarding homes and assisted living residences
- Facilitate participant move between residences or assisted care facilities if no other family or support systems are present
- Initiates referrals to external resources with community agencies such as Adult Protective Services, Housing Authority, or public utility companies
- Assists participants and caregivers to complete MDPOA, Proxy, and DNR directives as needed
- Assists participants and caregivers to set up and maintain personal needs accounts
- Maintains current documentation in participants electronic medical records including change of status; temporary or permanent placements; hospital discharges; participant staffings; home visits; and other significant events
- Assists participants with SSI and SSDI application process as needed.
- Refers potential voluntary disenrollment due to dissatisfaction to the participants primary social worker.
- Assists participants and family in coordination with Rocky Mountain PACE Medicaid Department to keep resources within guidelines for Medicaid eligibility
- Provide supervision to student interns in MSW internship collaborations between their respective universities and RM PACE
- Other duties as assigned ORGANIZATIONAL (CORE RATING FACTORS):
- Demonstrates support of the Companys Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Provides Exceptional Customer Service
- Ensures discretion with confidential information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Supports a collaborative work environment including courteous, helpful and professional behavior
- Embraces Organizational Excellence through practicing individual time management, efficiency and effectiveness and participating in continuous improvement efforts
- Adheres to and supports all Company policies and procedures
- Supports and practices safe work habits in accordance with policies and procedures
- Brings ideas, problems and concerns forward and participates in resolution and implementation
- Participates in and completes regulatory compliance trainings within the prescribed deadlines
- Attends required meetings
- Maintains skills and knowledge required including written and verbal communication, best practices for industry standards, and computer competency
Keywords: Rocky Mountain Health Care Services, Colorado Springs , Social Worker, MSW, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!