Nurse Practitioner - Orthopedics - Elective and Sports Medic
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Facility: UCHealth Medical Group - South Department: UCHlthMG S Ortho Schedule: Full-time Shift: Rotating Scheduled Days & Hours: Rotating, call required Requisition number: 78614 This position will require flexibility to work in the OR and outpatient clinic. NP will be paired with one surgeon and will be expected to cover clinic and trauma call, including weekends. Preferred: Orthopedics, sports medicine, and OR assist experience *** New Graduates will not be considered. Experience is required. *** At UCHealth, we do things differently We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion. Nurse Practitioner Specialty Care Provides specialty health care services in both outpatient and acute care settings for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice. Job Duties
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations, and care
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including the use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources
- Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination
- Provides inpatient care to include preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative services, as well as critical care/intensive care medical management Requirements
- Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement
- Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
- Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB)
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here. Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today! The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. An applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. IND123 #GD1
Keywords: UCHealth, Colorado Springs , Nurse Practitioner - Orthopedics - Elective and Sports Medic, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!