Company: UCHealth Medical Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80840, United StatesJob ID: 44146401Posted: 10/10/2018Position Title: Physician AssistantCompany Name: UCHealth Medical GroupPractice Type: Hospital/Health SystemSector: General - PAEntry Level: falseJob Type: Full-TimeWe are looking for two Physician Assistants to join our Primary Care team at our 8540 Scarborough Drive location in Colorado Springs. This individual will provide high-quality and personalized care, always putting patients first. We are looking for someone who enjoys a fast-paced and flexible team environment.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong professional background in Primary Care. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills. This individual must enjoy working in a fast-paced, flexible, continuously changing environment.
This role will have a four day work week Monday-Friday, no weekends, no on-call, and no evenings. Do you want to work at a Physician lead organization where the commitment to patients is of utmost importance? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment? If so, keep reading to see if UCHealth is the place for you to grow your career!
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Physician Assistant Primary Care
Under the supervision of a physician, provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services to patients in specialty care services.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations, and care
- Completion of a nationally accredited educational program for Physician Assistants
- Minimum two years of professional working experience in a primary care setting
- Board Certification by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado
- Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. An applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. PI105482104
Keywords: UCHealth Medical Group, Colorado Springs , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!