Company: Monument Veterinary Clinic
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Monument Vet Clinic is seeking a qualified and experienced Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist (25-35hrs weekly, part time position). We are a busy, small animal veterinary practice offering in-house laboratory, surgery, radiographs, immunizations, laser therapy, and pharmacy, and are open Monday-Friday 7:30am to 5:30/6:30pm, with no weekend or holiday hours. We offer a competitive hourly pay rate based on expertise, and benefits for full time employees.
Our culture is one of high standards, and professional dedication with the goal to provide the highest quality medical care possible to our patients with the utmost compassion.
This position requires an individual who is mature and compassionate. The position requires fantastic communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, a strong work ethic, and a well-rounded technical skillset . The ideal candidate should be team oriented, with the ability to work respectfully and with integrity at all times. Qualified candidates will also possess the ability to receive, utilize and grow from constructive criticism. Seeking candidates with at least one year's experience working in a small animal environment.
The position provides support for veterinary technicians and the veterinarian(s) on duty, and requires the ability to work well both under supervision and autonomously. Experience with Cornerstone veterinary management software preferred.
Skill Requirements may include but are not limited to-
- Patient triage, obtaining vital signs, patient history reporting, restraint, radiograph assisting, perform laboratory procedures
- Assisting with janitorial duties- laundry, examination rooms, surgical suite, kennel area, general facility, cleaning of surgical instruments, setting up for procedures
- Anesthetic monitoring (after appropriate training)
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Scheduling and managing appointments (preventative, medical, surgical, etc.)
- Greeting and welcoming clients and patients to the practice, providing practice information in person, by phone or email
- Professional phone etiquette- receiving and addressing client inquires, answering and processing multiple phone lines
- Processing invoicing and payments, handling cash and credit card transactions
- Multi-tasking, attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Managing patient records and medication refills accordingly
- Exceptional communication with staff and clients, regarding patient status updates, estimates, invoices; to include both phone, written communication and documentation
- Must have the ability to handle physical demands such as being able to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift and move up to 50lbs, occasional kneeling, crouching, stooping, and climbing
- Utilizing Cornerstone software for all client/patient and schedule management and documentation
Keywords: Monument Veterinary Clinic, Colorado Springs , Veterinary Assistant, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!