Assistant Nurse Manager- Emergency Room
Company: Centura Health
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Welcome to Centura Health - the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health. Flourishing Begins Here You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success. As a broad, influential and thoughtful organization that is strategically positioned for success in today's changing healthcare market place, Centura Health's clinical leaders and educators are champions of innovation, effectiveness and creating ways for associates to develop and serve as difference-makers. Responsible for developing, achieving and maintaining the goals of a unit or department by focusing on the unit or department's daily operations. Consistently promotes a positive work environment by being visible and available to all levels of staff and customers. Collaboratively works with nurse leaders in maintaining productivity, supporting hospital initiatives and ensuring units/departments are appropriately staffed. Will assist in identifying staff development needs with an emphasis on evidence-based practice and education. The Assistant Nurse Manager's (ANM) Clinical Coordinator's annual performance review is dependent upon departmental goals and outcomes achieved along with the key performance indicators of the team the ANM directly supervises. Key performance indicators will include but are not limited to:
Patient Satisfaction improvement/stabilization.
Productivity- meeting unit based financial targets.
Core measures- improve and maintain a > 90% bundle score.
Narcotic oversight- zero tolerance for breaches.
Medication Safety- zero tolerance for breaches.
Red Rules- zero tolerance for breaches.
Patient Hourly Rounding- consistently performed.
Associate Rounding-every associate, every month.
Active participation/implementation in facility or unit based councils and committees as assigned by unitleader.
Physician Nurse rounding-consistently performed in inpatient areas. What You Bring/Job Requirements In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 3 years total RN experience. For hospitals in Western Kansas, and Durango, CO, Pueblo, CO and Canon City, CO, the experience requirement is 5 years RN experience (due to rural community talent marketplace needs and limitations).
- 2 years experience in specific department focus, preferred.
- BSN required - For hospitals in Western Kansas, and Durango, CO, Pueblo, CO and Canon City, CO, the education requirement is an ADN required with a BSN preferred (due to rural community talent marketplace needs and limitations).
- CO RN License required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Additional Life Support Certifications per Department Standards; e.g. NRP, EFM, TNCC, etc.
- Must achieve and maintain appropriate facility identified national certification within one year of becoming ANM.Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly) Your Connected Community When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality. Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. St. Francis Medical Center opened in 2008 to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs' community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services and Critical Care Unit. It also serves as southern Colorado's home base for the Flight For Life-- Colorado air medical helicopter service. It's an incredible time to join us as we celebrate more than a decade as one of Healthgrades "America's 50 Best Hospitals" and Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado's top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you've always wanted.
Keywords: Centura Health, Colorado Springs , Assistant Nurse Manager- Emergency Room, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!