RN Unit Educator - Labor and Delivery
Company: Centura Health
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Welcome to largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health. Flourishing Begins Here You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. Position SummaryThe unit based educator is a registered professional nurse who demonstrates expertise in a defined area of clinical nursing and is responsible for developing, implementing, & evaluating a program of education for an assigned patient population. Programming includes initial and ongoing staff competency (including a standardized unit-based orientation), as well as continued education as identified by needs assessments and regulatory requirement initiatives. Applies policies, procedures, standards, and regulations as appropriate to their populations. The scope of the education will be determined through collaborative practice with unit management, educators, and advanced practice nurses to enhance the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care. What You Bring/Job Requirements In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following: Education Requirements
- BSN required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Specialty certification in related area preferred.Work Experience
- Four years of recent nursing experience
- Four years of experience in a clinical specialty, preferredLicense/Certifications
- Current Colorado RN/Current RN license from a participating state in the National Licensure Compact
- Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association Your Connected Community When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality. Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. St. Francis Medical Center opened in 2008 to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs' community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services and Critical Care Unit. It also serves as southern Colorado's home base for the Flight For Life-- Colorado air medical helicopter service. It's an incredible time to join us as we celebrate more than a decade as one of Healthgrades "America's 50 Best Hospitals" and Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado's top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you've always wanted.
Keywords: Centura Health, Colorado Springs , RN Unit Educator - Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!