RN Endoscopy, Pool - Optum Peak Endoscopy Center - Endoscopy
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 20, 2023
RN Endoscopy, Pool - Optum Peak Endoscopy CenterOverview
Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1
million patients each year and support physician specialists
holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our
teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians,
health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on
the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience
for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery
system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a
complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group
of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to
customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
* We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated ways
as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management Solutions
* We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice
solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to
support growth and transition to value-based care.
* We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through our
Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy predictable
billing to patients.
* We help physicians address everything beyond surgical procedures,
including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are
going-and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
We are actively hiring for an Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy.
* Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care by
* Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources.
* Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
* Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patients
* Handling specimens according to facility policy and
* Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
* Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy
* Communicating the patient's current status to relevant parties
throughout the continuum of care.
* Administering medications safely and correctly using the 8 rights
of medication administration.
* Practicing and monitoring aseptic technique.
* Implementing the plan of care including the following
* Managing patient recovery from anesthesia - Moderate sedation and
Monitored anesthesia care.
* Assessing patient status at intervals in accordance with facility
policies and procedures.
* Providing nursing care and appropriate monitoring in accordance
with policies and procedures.
* Performing interventions to maintain the patient's tissue
perfusion at or above baseline levels.
* Ensuring scopes are prepared for use in accordance with policies
and procedures and manufacturer's instructions for use.
* Maintaining endoscopy instruments and accessories in working
order. Troubleshooting and recognizing malfunctions.
* Performing interventions to maintain the status of the patient's
genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine,
respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems and fluid,
electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline
* Performing interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned
to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative
* Performing interventions to protect the patient from
* Assessing the knowledge level of the patient or designated
* Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial response,
nutritional management, medication management, pain management, and
expected responses to the procedure.
* Involving the patient or designated support person actively in
decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the
* Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
* Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within
legal standards of practice.
* Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
* Transfer care as applicable.
* Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
* Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if
applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration
requirements, state laws, and job descriptions.
* Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
* Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with
members of the team and other stakeholders.
* Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning patient
* Participate in quality review and performance improvement
* Participate in the performance appraisal process.
* Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
* Maintain required competencies.
* Pursue professional growth.
* Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
* Comply with al SCA and facility policies and procedures,
regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines
when providing patient care.
* Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
* Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* One year of GI, OR and/or medical/surgical nursing experience
* Current state nursing licensure to practice in good
* Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 of employment or
documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
* Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
(ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current ACLS certification.
* Successful completion of Pediatric Advance Life support (PALS)
course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility
scope of services within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current PALS certification.
* Specialty certification in GI Nursing is preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
* Physically demanding, high-stress environment
* Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
* Pushing and pulling heavy objects
* Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
* Manual and finger dexterity
* Hand eye coordination
* Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
* Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
* Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
* Working irregular hours
USD $30.00/Hr. USD $45.00/Hr.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Colorado Springs , RN Endoscopy, Pool - Optum Peak Endoscopy Center - Endoscopy, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!