RN Clinical Coordinator Operating Room - OR - Operating Room
Company: Centura Health
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 26, 2023
RN Clinical Coordinator Operating RoomWelcome to Centura
At Centura Health, we're on a mission to heal individuals and uplift communities. We have locations throughout Colorado, Utah, and western Kansas, giving you opportunity to grow your career and impact the communities you serve. We deliver the same high standard of care to our employees as we do to our patients. With 25 hospitals, home care and hospice care, medical clinics, flight care, telehealth and over 100 physician practices, join us where your opportunities are endless!
Flourishing Begins Here
Qualified external applicants with at least six months of direct experience as an RN are eligible for a $20,000 sign-on bonus!*
Based on your location you may also be eligible for an additional relocation bonus up to $8,000! *some exclusions may apply
* To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, you must be hired into a full-time or part-time position; PRN positions are not eligible.
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
As a RN Clinical Coordinator with Centura Health you will:
* Actively support department director/manager by coordinating clinical and department activities for the unit including shift charge, department and/or service line.
* Ensure that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with quality standards.
* Act as liaison between physicians and patient care team. Maintain communication and promote cooperation with unit staff and other departments. Supervise the staff; authorize work procedures and assign duties.
* Provides input and recommendations to the director/manager on coaching, mentoring and performance management of associates.
* Promote the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act.
* Personally, accountable for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
Day to Day: Night Shift Trauma/Charge RN
* Run front desk in the OR, ensure assignments for staff meet the daily need.
* Schedule the next day's assignments, communicate case changes to staff, support, and coach staff to build confidence and growth.
* Hold staff accountable to policy and high standard of practice.
* Collaborate with the lead Anesthesiologist on daily case flow and efficiency.
* Assist in the development and implementation of educational programs/ practices for department associates.
* Act as leadership within the department to support staff, Manager and Director.
* Will also be used on occasion to help out in the rest of the OR.
* Secondary roles: Working in OR as a staff RN. Helping staff get breaks and lunch.
16 OR Suites
Approx. 250-350+ cases per month
Schedule: 40hrs/ weeks- Nights - Mon- Thurs- 2030-0700
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
* 1-year clinical RN Experience
* Previous OR Exp required
* Trauma and Ortho Experience required
* Previous Leadership/ Charge RN experience preferred
* Experience in the OR Across multiple specialties required
* Associate's Degree in Nursing required
* BSN, preferred
* RN License to practice in Colorado or Kansas as applicable
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association certification required
* ANCC; National Nursing Certification ANCC approved is strongly preferred
* National Nursing Certification in Speciality Area (refer to facility addendum)
* Credential: Nursing Spec
* Call Required: Administrator Call as needed
* 30 Min callback radius required
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
The Surgery Department at Penrose Hospital has 16 OR suites and performs 30 - 40 cases per day. We specialize in heart, vascular, general, gynecology, urology, ortho, spine, neuro, plastics, robotics, and trauma procedures on adult patients only. Our department's mission is to provide the best possible patient care. People would want to join our team due to teamwork, culture, and CNOR certification pay. We are looking for dedicated, hard-working team players.
"The right candidate for us will be Motivated, team player, love the OR, enjoy being part of a team and willing to jump in and help when needed. Most of surgeons we have are appreciative and are a pleasure to work with. Looking for dedicated hard-working people who enjoy working with a highly motivated team and enjoy coming to work to do their best". - Hiring Manager-
$32.36 - $59.41 / hour
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
At Centura, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and include Health Insurance Plan Options, Dental, Vision, 401K with generous matching, a Daycare FSA that includes a company contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness and so much more! While you are applying be sure to also consider our generous benefits packages as part of your overall compensation! You can view our benefits in Colorado, Kansas, and New Mexico HERE, or for benefits in Utah look HERE.
RN Clinical Coordinator Operating RoomWelcome to Centura
Keywords: Centura Health, Colorado Springs , RN Clinical Coordinator Operating Room - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
here to apply!