Float Pool Acute Care RN - Acute Care
Company: Memorial Hospital Central
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Float Pool Acute Care RNApply now
Save job Saved
This is the Float Pool for UCHealth Memorial Hospital and UCHealth Memorial Hospital North. This department includes three separate Float Pools that provides nursing care services for various Medical Surgical units, Critical Care units, and the Women's and Infant units. Staff are hired into specific areas of specialty and receive training to adequately meet the needs of the various units. Staff are required to fill open shifts for same-day and pre-booked staff vacancies. This position is a great fit for someone who enjoys variety, is flexible, has strong clinical and interpersonal skills, and loves to learn!
Provides direct patient care, at a proficient level, using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
This position is Nights 2300 - 0730, various nights/weekend shifts included.
Work Schedule: PRN Nights
* Provides care in a 24/7 Acute Care environment.
* Plans implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to a multidisciplinary care team. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
* Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
* Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience. Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
* Required Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and any relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
* Minimum Experience: 6 months of nursing (RN) experience.
BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit https://www.uchealth.org/professionals/residencies/ to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
The pay range for this position is: $31.50 - $48.83 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience. This position may be eligible for a sign-on bonus on offers accepted through June 30, 2023; certain criteria apply.
An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Float Pool Acute Care RNApply now
Keywords: Memorial Hospital Central, Colorado Springs , Float Pool Acute Care RN - Acute Care, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
here to apply!