Military Family Life Counselor (Counseling/Therapy )
Company: Chenega Corporation
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Child and Adolescence opening in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
American Hospital Services Group, LLC
Colorado Springs, CO Salary - $61,800.00 Annually The Military
Family Life Counselor CYB will provide face to face direct,
non-medical, brief, solution-focused counseling services to
children under the age of 18 for situations resulting from commonly
occurring life circumstances such as parenting, relationship
conflicts, stress, personal loss, and deployments and reunions.
Will exercise discretion and independent judgment to provide
appropriate information, coaching, training, and education to the
- Partners with and augments activities of Child Development
Centers (CDC s) to build coalitions and connect Federal, state, and
local resources and non-profit organizations to support Active
Duty, Guard and Reserve families.
- Identifies family needs and provides a get-well plan in
compliance with non-medical counseling scope.
- Provides face-to-face non-medical problem-solving counseling to
children when other resources are not available and makes
appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community
resources according to the needs of families and service members,
including the following activities:
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs
and materials and advises on requests for new or revised
presentations by military leadership.
- Provides client tracking of services performed and referrals
made using appropriate reporting system.
- Accurately Record all required deliverables via portal site as
- Availability for Services Tool: Must be completed at the start
and end of each shift daily to accurately reflect hours of service
the provider is available to provide services on the
- Activity Form Submission: All activity forms are to be
completed and submitted via the portal within 24 hours of the
initial contact with the client. All forms submitted should be
complete and correct to accurately reflect the services
- Face to Face and Ancillary Contact Goals: All providers are
required to average a 7-hour workday, based on activity form
submission, per week. This should include 5 hours of face to face
contact and 3 hours of ancillary contacts daily. If there are any
hinderances to this goal the provider should notify their
- Other duties as assigned
- Daily timekeeping requirements for both Employer and
Government/Prime Contractor Qualifications
- Master s Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited
- Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently
at the Master's or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker,
Marriage Family Therapist, or Psychologist without restrictions or
supervision (i.e. LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.) in the state of
- Minimum five (5) years of post-license experience working with
children in the areas of relationships, behavior management, coping
skills, child development, separation, stress management, single
parenting, step-parenting, family separation, reunion and
reintegration, assessments and referrals. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to tailor their activities to address the specific
goals for a certain child or youth, family, classroom, or program.
CYB MFLC services shall be responsive to specific factors such as
the population served, reflecting the values and mission of the
MFLC Program for the duration of the counselor's relationship with
the early care and education programs.
- Depending on the age of the child or youth, the CYB MFLCs may
be required to provide services to adults (including parents) on
behalf of children and youth in child development programs,
schools, and pediatric care settings (HealthySteps pilot).
- Demonstrated counseling competence.
- Ability to obtain CNACI security clearance
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Colorado Springs , Military Family Life Counselor (Counseling/Therapy ), Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...