RN Operating Room $20,000 Sign On - OR - Operating Room
Company: Centura Health
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 22, 2023
RN Operating Room $20,000 Sign OnWelcome to Centura Health
At Centura Health, we're on a mission to heal individuals and uplift communities. We have locations throughout Colorado, Utah, and western Kansas, giving you opportunity to grow your career and impact the communities you serve. We deliver the same high standard of care to our employees as we do to our patients. With 25 hospitals, home care and hospice care, medical clinics, flight care, telehealth and over 100 physician practices, join us where your opportunities are endless!
Flourishing Begins Here
Qualified external applicants with at least six months of direct RN experience are eligible for up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus!*
Based on your location you may also be eligible for an additional relocation bonus up to $8,000! *some exclusions may apply
* To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, you must be hired into a full-time or part-time position; PRN positions are not eligible. Some exclusions may apply.
Centura Health's nurses have the right resources and leadership to practice at the top of their license with an organization that is consistently raising the bar on care excellence. Our system includes several Magnet-designated facilities (with more hospitals on the Magnet journey) and provides nurses with development, cross-training and options to flex and advance throughout their career journey. We offer Certification pay and a Clinical Career Ladder to help you grow and regognize your contributions to clinical excellence!
As a Nurse at Centura, you will assume responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. You will promote the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act, and demonstrate personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
Day to Day duties:
* Circulate and/or Scrub on all cases.
* Primarily, GEN, GYN, Urology, Ortho (Totals/ Sports Medicine), Spine, Neuro, Plastics, Robotics (DaVinci XI) and Trauma.
* Penrose specializes in Heart, Vascular surgeries with dedicated service teams for hearts and Vascular only.
* Associates are cross trained for all other services.
* Giving breaks and/or providing additional supplies and sterile instruments as needed during operations.
* Assisting with Room turnover and restocking for next day's cases.
* Acting as an advocate for patient before, during and after surgery.
The Schedule for this position is 36hrs per week- 3x12hrs- 0830-2100
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
* RN License required; Current state nursing licenses or RN license from a participating state in the National Licensure Compact,
* Colorado Only: RNs working in Colorado under a multi-state license must obtain their CO RN license within 30 days of establishing residency, i.e., drivers license, register to vote, etc. Compact to Compact. Upon issuance of a new multistate license, the former license is inactivated. For more information visit Colorado Board of Nursing - Compact Licensure
* Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing required; Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required for new graduates, preferred for experienced RN's
* BLS from the American Heart Association required
* At least one year of Operating Room (OR) RN experience required
* Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
* Call Required- Call schedule - self scheduled-40-50hrs/ month
* 30 Min callback radius required
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. St. Francis Medical Center opened in 2008 to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs' community on the north side of the city.
The Surgery Department at Penrose Hospital has 16 OR suites and performs 30 - 40 cases per day. We specialize in heart, vascular, general, gynecology, urology, ortho, spine, neuro, plastics, robotics, and trauma procedures on adult patients only. Our department's mission is to provide the best possible patient care. People would want to join our team due to teamwork, culture, and CNOR certification pay. We are looking for dedicated, hard-working team players.
"The right candidate for us will be Motivated, team player, love the OR, enjoy being part of a team and willing to jump in and help when needed. Most of surgeons we have are appreciative and are a pleasure to work with. Looking for dedicated hard-working people who enjoy working with a highly motivated team and enjoy coming to work to do their best". - Hiring Manager-
$30.25 - $50.81 / hour
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
At Centura, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and include Health Insurance Plan Options, Dental, Vision, 401K with generous matching, a Daycare FSA that includes a company contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness and so much more! You can find a comprehensive list of our benefits HERE.
RN Operating Room $20,000 Sign OnWelcome to Centura Health
Keywords: Centura Health, Colorado Springs , RN Operating Room $20,000 Sign On - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
here to apply!