Military Family Life Counselor CYB (Counseling/Therapy )
Company: Chenega Corporation
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Couple and Family opening in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
AMERICAN HOSPITAL SERVICES GROUP, LLC Peterson, AFB Salary:
$75,000.00/year Sign On Bonus: $15,000.00 The Military Family Life
Counselor CYB will provide face to face direct, non-medical, brief,
solution-focused counseling services to children under the age of
18 for situations resulting from commonly occurring life
circumstances such as parenting, relationship conflicts, stress,
personal loss, and deployments and reunions. Will exercise
discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate
information, coaching, training, and education to the children.
- Partners with and augments activities of Child Development
Centers (CDC s) to build coalitions and connect Federal, state, and
local resources and non-profit organizations to support Active
Duty, Guard and Reserve families.
- Identifies family needs and provides a get-well plan in
compliance with non-medical counseling scope.
- Provides face-to-face non-medical problem-solving counseling to
children when other resources are not available and makes
appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community
resources according to the needs of families and service members,
including the following activities:
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs
and materials and advises on requests for new or revised
presentations by military leadership.
- Provides client tracking of services performed and referrals
made using appropriate reporting system.
- Accurately Record all required deliverables via portal site as
- Availability for Services Tool: Must be completed at the start
and end of each shift daily to accurately reflect hours of service
the provider is available to provide services on the
- Activity Form Submission: All activity forms are to be
completed and submitted via the portal within 24 hours of the
initial contact with the client. All forms submitted should be
complete and correct to accurately reflect the services
- Face to Face and Ancillary Contact Goals: All providers are
required to average a 7-hour workday, based on activity form
submission, per week. This should include 5 hours of face to face
contact and 3 hours of ancillary contacts daily. If there are any
hinderances to this goal the provider should notify their
- Daily timekeeping requirements for both Employer and
- Other duties as assigned
- Master s Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited
- Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently
at the Master's or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker,
Marriage Family Therapist, or Psychologist without restrictions or
supervision (i.e., LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.) in the state of
- Minimum of three to five years of post-license experience
working with children in the areas of relationships, behavior
management, coping skills, child development, separation, stress
management, single parenting, step-parenting, family separation,
reunion and reintegration, assessments and referrals
- Must be able to obtain CNACI security clearance. Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- The CYB MFLCs may tailor their activities to address the
specific goals for a certain child or youth, family, classroom, or
program. CYB MFLC services shall be responsive to specific factors
such as the population served, reflecting the values and mission of
the MFLC Program for the duration of the counselor's relationship
with the early care and education programs.
- Depending on the age of the child or youth, the CYB MFLCs may
be required to provide services to adults (including parents) on
behalf of children and youth in child development programs,
schools, and pediatric care settings (HealthySteps pilot).
- Demonstrated counseling competence required. Physical Demands
(The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use
repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or
fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision.
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Colorado Springs , Military Family Life Counselor CYB (Counseling/Therapy ), Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!