Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Company: MGA Homecare
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 20, 2023
A Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant provides coordinated
occupational therapy to patients of all age groups under the
supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist in compliance with
applicable laws, regulations and policies of MGA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the occupation therapy treatment plan as developed
by the Occupational Therapist.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions
in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Provide effective communication to patient/family, team
members, and other health care professionals as evidenced by
clinical notes, case conferences and communication notes.
- Facilitates patient's ROM, strength, coordination, need for and
use of adaptive equipment and environmental modifications,
functional mobility and safety issues as related to patient's ADL
performance needs under the supervision of the Occupational
- Provide health education to client and/or caregiver.
- MGA Policies, Procedures and Handbook are adhered to.
- Notes are completed accurately and submitted as per respective
policies and procedures.
- Clinical documentation must be turned in per agency
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in
the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work
within designated time.
- Participation in Agency's other mandated activities as
requested by Agency Director such as In-services. Work Environment
- The work environment is highly variable, as care is generally
provided in private homes.
- Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environment
hazards are not predictable.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, household pets/animals, fumes or airborne particles and
toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is required to travel frequently to complete home
health visits. Qualifications
- Graduate of an Accredited School with an Associate Degree in
- Current state license as a Certified Occupational Therapy
- Reliable Transportation
- Professional experience required per state regulations
- Current CPR certification per state regulations
- Successful completion of appropriate screening tests with
- Displays good observation skills and judgement as well as good
oral and written communication skills.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, stop, bend, kneel, walk,
balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull and reach with hands and arms
and other physical activities as deemed necessary by job
- Vision and Hearing capabilities within normal limits, with or
- Ability to frequently life and or move up to 15 pounds and
occasionally lift or move 100 pounds or more if applicable.
- Ability to perform the anticipated level of physical assist
required to provide safe client care. If the anticipated level of
assist is greater than that which the employee can safely provide,
the supervisor is to be notified immediately.
Other attributes welcome:
- Sensory Integration
As an MGA Therapist you can expect
- Competitive weekly pay
- Create your own work schedule (full and part time
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and more)
- 401k with company match
- Telemedicine opportunity (training provided)
- Personal tablet and keyboard provided for charting
- Mentorship and skills training available All your information
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. PandoLogic.
Keywords: Occupational Therapist Assistant, Location: Colorado
Springs, CO - 80909 , PL: 552523159
Keywords: MGA Homecare, Colorado Springs , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA), Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!