Dental Assistant (DA) - Per Diem - Jet Wing
Company: Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care
organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to
people facing access barriers through clinical programs and
education. We provide integrated health care services to include
medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 24 outpatient
health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams and Kit
Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong "Hospitality"
culture. Our organization has over 800 employees and serves more
than 89,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central
regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation
Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Compensation (Pay): $18/Hour
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD
- 403(b) Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Perks Rewards
- Employee Assistance
Job Summary: Performs those duties to assist the Clinical Dental
Director (CDD), Dental Operations Director (DOD), Dentists, and
Hygienists in the care and treatment of patients including but not
limited to assisting with amalgam and resin restorations,
endodontics, prosthodontics and oral surgery. Performs reception,
chair-side assisting, inventory and dental records duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the dentist and hygienists in chair-side procedures
routinely done in a general dental practice.
- Responsible for preparation and setting up of instruments,
materials, and equipment necessary for each procedure.
- Responsible for the sterilization of instruments, and the
cleaning and routine maintenance of equipment and work areas.
- Assists with front desk responsibilities as needed, including,
but not limited to: 1) scheduling and recall process; 2) reception
of patients and updating patient records.
- Assists in processing encounters, billing and bookkeeping
- Identifies patient related medical and/or social concerns.
- Reports inventory problems and/or supply requests to Dental
Assistant Supervisor (DAS)/DOD.
- Communicates concerns or problems with patient flow, customer
service or quality assurance to DAS.
- Assists Dental Hygienist in the initiation and maintenance of
the dental prevention and dental education program in an integrated
- Maintains a safe work environment by remaining informed of and
compliant with the clinic's safety policies, and by application of
- Assists in amalgam and resin restorations, endodontics,
prosthodontics and oral surgery.
- Ability to travel inside and outside of the Colorado Springs
area to provide supports as necessary.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values
of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all
departments, the management team, medical staff, and
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as
well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the
department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental
performance improvement goals.
- Available to work at least 2 shifts when 12 are presented in a
6 month period.
- Other duties as assigned.To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Spanish bilingual
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education.
Work Experience: Dental Assistant certification or 3 years of
experience as a chair-side Dental Assistant required.
Computer skills: ability to access the intra/internet to manage
timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company
communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers,
leadership, and other departments; use and create a variety of
templates, complex tables, merges; manage table data, sort and
filter merges, and also perform basic work with existing Macros;
customize toolbars, import and insert graphs, embed Excel data, and
elaborate reports; work with multiple worksheets, filter data, use
integrate functions, and manipulate databases; customize templates
and the PowerPoint environment, and to make a presentation
interactive by using hyperlinks and action buttons
Certificates and Licenses: X-ray certification and CPR
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit.
- Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening;
which includes but is not limited to, a Criminal Background check.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol-free
workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.**PVCHC participates in
the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an
Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's
I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and
Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit:
In order to protect the health and safety of our workforce,
patients, and communities we serve, Peak Vista Community Health
Centers (PVCHC) now requires all employees to provide proof of full
vaccination for COVID-19 or apply for and be granted a medical
and/or religious exemption. For more information on PVCHC's
response to COVID-19, please visit our website at
Keywords: Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs , Dental Assistant (DA) - Per Diem - Jet Wing, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!