Oral Surgery Assistant
Company: Lone Peak Dental Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Are you a Dental Assistant with Oral Surgery experience or
interest?Would you like to join a well established team in a
beautiful office with room to grow? Tuesday - Friday schedule.Key
- Prepare workstation and instruments for surgical procedures and
examinations. Manage infection control by cleaning, packaging,
sterilizing, and storing instruments and overseeing cleanliness of
the treatment room according to infection control and biohazard
protocols and OSHA regulations.
- Patient preparation - includes escorting patients to the chair,
helping the patient feel at ease for their examination and
treatment including talking them through the procedure.
- Thoroughly understand and communicate pre- and post-op care to
patients per Doctor's instructions. Ensure that the patient
understands and is comfortable.
- Explain consent forms to patients and answer questions. Ensure
every patient has a signed consent form prior to treatment.
- Provide excellent patient care by assisting the Oral Surgeon in
preparing topical anesthetics, general anesthesia and IV sedation
procedures, keeping the treatment area clear by using tools such as
suction hoses and hand instruments, and handing the Oral Surgeon
the correct instruments needed during procedures and help observe
any problems that may arise. Monitor vital signs during
- Take and develop x-rays.
- Obtain patient's dental record, document treatment by charting
in patient records. Discuss patient health history and alert the
Doctor to any medical flags.
- Maintain accurate logs on the surgical
instruments/autoclaves/hand pieces/and daily test strips.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with state oral surgery practice
requirements and with all health & safety regulations and state
dental practice requirements (i.e., X-ray requirements, OSHA
training). Complete all required trainings.
- Stock operatories, monitor inventory of surgical supplies and
medication, and replenish as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks such as appointment scheduling,
charting, and filing. Help in other areas of the office when
necessary (i.e., answering phones, unpacking supplies, completing
insurance forms, moving former patient records, etc.).
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- A minimum of 1 year of dental experience is required.
Experience assisting with oral, maxillofacial and sedation
procedures is preferred, but not required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification a plus.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Completion of accredited oral surgery assisting program or
coursework in oral surgery instruments and procedures is preferred,
but not required.
- Additional certification or training is a plus (e.g. DAANCE,
Phlebotomy, CDA, RDA, EFDA or EDDA).
- Must have knowledge of dental terminology, instruments and
sterilization methods. Knowledge of oral and maxillofacial
terminology is preferred.
- General computer proficiency and the ability to learn new
programs is required. Dental software experience preferred
(Denticon is highly preferred).
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and reliable. The
ability to demonstrate high ethical standards is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills to
maintain effective rapport with patients, doctors, other staff
members and community. Salary range $19-$23 hourly based on
experience $500 signing bonus for an experienced Surgical
AssistantPlease note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive list. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Lone Peak Dental Group, Colorado Springs , Oral Surgery Assistant, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!