Physician / Gastroenterology - Pediatric / Colorado / Permanent / Internist - Gastroenterologist Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 3, 2022
MD/DO - Internist - Gastroenterologist
"Haven of the adventurous, home of splendid panoramic scenery"
The Community - Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs had an estimated population of 439,886 in 2013,
ranking as the second most populous city in the state of Colorado,
behind Denver, and the 41st most populous city in the United
States. The Colorado Springs, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area had
an estimated population of 678,319 in 2013. The city covers 194.7
square miles, making it the most extensive municipality in
Colorado. Colorado Springs was selected as the No. 1 Best Big City
in "Best Places to Live " by Money magazine in 2006, and placed
number one in Outside's 2009 list of America's Best Cities.
United States Air Force Academy (USAFA)
The Academy is a world-class university designed to create strong
leaders. Beyond academic excellence, the Academy emphasizes
military training, athletics and character development to forge
officers of character who are ready to lead our nation in the Air
Force. Its campus is located north of Colorado Springs. The Academy
is also one of the largest tourist attractions in Colorado,
attracting more than a million visitors each year.
Requirements (duties include, but are not limited to)
- Admit and discharge patients to the wards appropriately and
perform Gastroenterology-related surgeries that are medically
- Perform rounds for all inpatients at least once daily.
- Dictate admission and discharge summaries and other records and
sign them within the time limits prescribed. Outpatient Care
- Provide a full range of outpatient Gastroenterology services
within the scope of privileging.
- Request diagnostic tests as medically indicated.
- Render a diagnosis for each patient.
- Provide indicated treatment for each complaint.
- In complex or distress cases, provide medical care, summon the
appropriate specialist when deemed necessary, and continue medical
management as necessary.
- Prescribe and dispense medications as indicated by the
diagnosis and medical condition.
- Provide definitive medical care to reduce any emergency
situation and enable the patient to safely continue care as an
outpatient with follow up care as required.
- Refer stable patients to specialty clinics by consultation
within the guidelines as needed.
- Complete a SF 600 or SF 513 in its entirety for each patient
receiving treatment in the clinic. A decision and disposition shall
be made and recorded on the appropriate form as to whether to send
the patient home, to full duty, to quarters, or to refer the
patient to a consultant.
- Provide the patient with complete and appropriate instructions
on the form, and verbally regarding medication, limitations, and
- Provide and document medical advice to patients by telephone as
appropriate and in accordance with protocol.
- Must also ensure that continuity of care is provided to the
patient. For an ongoing episode of care, will continue working at
the end of the shift until another physician has assumed
responsibility for patient's care.
- Attend meetings and training as directed by the Chief,
Department of Medicine or designee.
- Provide medical consultation and medical advice to members of
the medical staff. Such consultation shall include verbal advice,
guidance by telephone or radio, and written opinions and
- May recommend that eligible beneficiaries be referred to a
civilian source for supplementation of inpatient and outpatient
services. These referrals are in accordance with Air Force
regulations and policy, for tests or consults, excluding treatment,
when in the physician's opinion the needed test or consult is
beyond the capability of the Gastroenterology Clinic and the
- Must hold a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy
(DO) degree from an accredited graduate school of Medicine.
- Must have completed a residency or fellowship in internal
- Must have completed an additional residency or fellowship
program in Gastroenterology.
- Must have and maintain current board certification by the
American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or the American
Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM).
- Must have and maintain a current, valid, full, and unrestricted
license in any of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia,
the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin
- Must have and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) and
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as certified by the American
Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Colorado Springs , Physician / Gastroenterology - Pediatric / Colorado / Permanent / Internist - Gastroenterologist Job, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!