Company: Chenega Corporation
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Other opening in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This and other
polysomnographic technologist jobs brought to you by
- Provides operational direction and coordination administration
of day-to-day processes.
- Operates closed circuit television camera to observe patient
during test and to record patient's sleep activities.
- Operates polysomnography equipment to record electrical
activity of brain waves and other physiological variables and
records notes on graph to eliminate from consideration
physiological measurements caused by such activities as patient
opening eyes, turning head, or turning body.
- Studies polysomnogram to recognize arrhythmias and abnormal
respiratory patterns and calls physician or other emergency
personnel if needed.
- Measures durations of brain waves recorded on polysomnograms,
using millimeter ruler.
- Studies characteristics of completed polysomnogram tracings and
summarizes data showing stages of sleep, abnormal breathing events,
periodic leg movements, arrhythmias, and other information,
applying knowledge of polysomnography testing principles.
- Complete tasks with little or no direct supervision.
- Troubleshoot sleep equipment and software, as
- Meet short-notice deadlines as established by the
- Conduct and score all types of sleep studies and testing
modalities performed at the facility in accordance with AASM
scoring guidelines and Sleep Medicine Lab/Clinic
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree and/or Bachelor's degree in a healthcare
related field is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience within the last three (3)
years, conducting sleep studies in a patient care setting including
one year scoring sleep studies.
- Adhere to national certification standards as outlined by the
American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) and Board of Registered
Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT).
- Must have and maintain in good standing current certification
by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) as
a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist.
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification throughout the life of the contract. The American
Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers is
the only program accepted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have knowledge of clinic/department regulations, policies and
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and
provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment and
education of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
This includes, but is not limited to, and underlying familiarity of
common situations and conditions seen in the sleep lab such as: PAP
adherence, mask leaks, mask fittings, insomnia, cognitive
behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I), restless leg syndrome
(RLS), anxiety/depression, nightmares, inadequate sleep time and
- Have sufficient interpersonal skills and knowledge and
experience to perform the specific tasks.
- Maintains a professional manner and display a positive and
cooperative attitude toward patients, staff, MTF personnel and
others with whom the HCPTs have contact such as, family members,
other clinicians, medical staff, and visitors.
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Colorado Springs , Polysomnographic Technologist, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!