Company: Chenega Corporation
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Case Management opening in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This and
other counseling/therapy jobs brought to you by
AMERICAN HOSPITAL SERVICES GROUP, LLC
Ft. Carson, CO
The Military Family Life Counselor is a licensed mental health
professional who exercises discretion and independent judgment to
provide appropriate information, coaching, training, and education
to Service Members and their families. Provides face to face
direct, non-medical, brief, solution-focused counseling services to
individuals, couples, families, and groups for situations resulting
from commonly occurring life circumstances such as parenting,
relationship conflicts, stress, personal loss, and deployments and
- Partners with and augments activities of Service Family
Centers, Guard and Reserve programs (including Inter-Service Family
Assistance Committees), unit family support staff officers, and
other programs and services to build coalitions and connect
Federal, state, and local resources and non-profit organizations to
support Active Duty, Guard and Reserve families.
- Identifies family needs and provides a "get-well" plan in
compliance with non-medical counseling scope.
- Provides face-to-face non-medical problem-solving counseling to
families when other resources are not available and makes
appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community
resources according to the needs of families and service members,
including the following activities:
- Consults with military commands and installation service
providers as requested.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs
and materials and advises on requests for new or revised
presentations by military leadership.
- Provides client tracking of services performed and referrals
made using appropriate reporting system.
- Accurately Record all required deliverables via SLICS portal
site as outlined below:
- Availability for Services Tool: Must be completed at the start
and end of each shift daily to accurately reflect hours of service
the provider is available to provide services on the
- Activity Form Submission: All activity forms are to be
completed and submitted via the MHN portal within 24 hours of the
initial contact with the client. All forms submitted should be
complete and correct to accurately reflect the services
- Face to Face and Ancillary Contact Goals: All providers are
required to average a 7 hour work day, based on activity form
submission, per week. This should include 5 hours of face to face
contact and 3 hours of ancillary contacts daily. If there are any
hinderances to this goal the provider should notify their
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited
- Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently
at the Master's or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker,
Marriage Family Therapist, or Psychologist without restrictions or
supervision (i.e. LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.) Some assignments may
require a full license to practice independently in the state where
the assignment is located.
- Minimum of one to two years of post-license experience
- Must be able to obtain NACI security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of military lifestyle and issues that impact
- Ability to develop and present effective group
- Demonstrated counseling competence required.
- Ability to accurately assess needs and make referrals to
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships using tact and diplomacy in interactions with
individuals/families and with program representatives and
- Computer skills sufficient to create, maintain, and send
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and oversight and use
- Travel between work sites may be required.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use
repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or
fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision.
Required to adhere to all government agency guidelines as it
applies to COVID vaccine Attestation/Restrictions
Keyphrases: medical case management jobs, case manager jobs, case
manager consultant jobs, case management consultant jobs, geriatric
case management jobs, case management nursing jobs, nurse case
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Colorado Springs , MFLC Counselor, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!