Company: CSL Plasma
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionJob Description Summary Responsible for the
efficient and effective collection of plasma from donors by
performing venipuncture, monitoring the pheresis process and
following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Job Description
- In compliance with SOPs, performs all aspects of the pheresis
procedure and plasma collection, including donor set-up, donor
monitoring and donor disconnect.
- In compliance with SOPs and Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
guidelines, performs venipuncture on donors to begin pheresis
- Evaluates vein performance of the donor to identify possible
problems; makes necessary corrections in order to expedite donation
time and ensure product quality and donor safety. Ensures donation
process is efficient and makes adjustments when necessary to make
the process a positive experience for the donor.
- May educate new donors on the use of therapeutic products made
from donated plasma. Explains the screening process, the health
screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees,
center policies, proper nutrition and any other information
pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are
answered timely, accurately and professionally.
- Maintains alertness to any reaction by donors and assists with
reactions or notifies appropriate staff.
- Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that
occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and
alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
- Required to perform calibrations and verify that maintenance
has been performed as outlined in the SOPs. Required to respond to
and resolve complex equipment alarms or donor issues.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures. Creates incident
documentation, removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
- Monitors donor flow on the donor floor to assure continuous
turnover. Alerts Group Leader of Supervisor of donor flow
- Collects arm samples or whole blood samples from donors for
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience
- Minimum twelve (12) months experience in a medical or health
care environment preferred or equivalent combination of education
and experience. Working Conditions
- (physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to complete routine forms or conduct routine oral
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
operational needs All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, national origin or other legally protected
classifications. Please note, we may not have an immediate need at
the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to
well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are
interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may
have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will
follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware
correspondence may not be immediate.About UsWith operations in 35+
nations and -27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop
and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat
disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and
vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in
cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.CSL is
the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a
global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on
bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often
rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the
world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create
CSL---s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine
companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in
pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and
control of influenza globally.We invite you to take a look at the
many career possibilities available around the globe and consider
building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Colorado Springs , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!