Orthopedic Registered Nurse
Company: Katmai Government Services
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn. Job
Title Orthopedic Registered Nurse Location COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
80913 US (Primary)
Job Type Full-time Job Description WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time. May be
required to work additional or on-call hours as needed to complete
assignment or project successfully. SUMMARY: Provide orthopedic
patient care and treatment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Triages and/or assesses current condition and treatment
priority of patients presenting to Orthopedic and Podiatry Clinics.
Provides emergency treatment as required. Assists in the management
and follow-up of all types of patients seen in the Ortho/Podiatry
Clinics. Serves as a patient and family advocate.
- Coordinates the initiation and follow-up of appropriate
referrals relative to special needs.
- Administers medications as ordered.
- Assists with surgery in the Operating Room and in minor
procedures in clinic on an as needed basis. Coordinates and/or
provides assistance for physicians'/PA's/Podiatrists' examinations
- Handles patient complaints as appropriate.
- Manages surgical scheduling (utilizing S3-surgery scheduling
system) for Orthopedic and Podiatric surgeries; maintains
appropriate surgical load for given provider on any given day,
including filling unexpected gaps in the in surgery schedule.
- Reviews consultations requests from other clinics and appoints
as appropriate. Orders X-rays, MRI's, and other studies as
instructed by the treating clinician.
- Responsible for safe, quality nursing care IAW current
practical standards in conjunctions with DHA, Army, and Air Force
- Plans and coordinates activities with other health care team
members to improve efficiency and effectiveness of
Orthopedic/Podiatry clinics' functions to include meeting patient
multidisciplinary needs. Stays current with applicable The Joint
Commission (TJC) standards and changes.
- Interprets TJC standards for the clinics, develops policies and
procedures with clinic staff to meet TJC standards.
- Screens established patients and telephone calls to assess the
severity of the patient's condition and the need for physician
- Communicates with physicians regarding determinations and
situations, documents events appropriately. Screens patient medical
records (to include surgical reports) to assess the medical history
and determine health care needs.
- Makes psychosocial assessment of patient/family to identify
significant cultural practices, the ability to understand and
cooperate, and expectations of care and coping mechanisms.
Recognizes and reports abnormal test results, changes in symptoms
and the need for followup.
- Prepares patients for high risk, painful or stressful
procedures with education and support. Ensures complete, thorough
documentation for all procedures.
- Based on current nursing and medical knowledge, establishes
protocols for managing patient care in the clinic, including (but
not limited to) telephone triage of patients, processing patients
for surgery, managing military issues including provides, and any
other process that involves patient care.
- Educates, trains, and assesses competence of paraprofessional
staff performing clinic protocols.
- Coordinates quality improvement efforts with the clinic chief
and other staff.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end
of each work shift. Ensure preventive maintenance and routine
cleaning are performed as directed. Ensure a safe work environment
and employ safe work habits.
- Maintains a professional manner and displays a positive
cooperative attitude towards patients and other MTF employees.
Adheres to and enforces emergency, fire, safety, and infection
control policies and procedures.
- Must follow site required health screening and immunization
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: None. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position consists of
sitting for long periods of time, using hands/fingers, handling,
reaching with hands and arms, speaking or translating. Periods of
walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and
lifting boxes weighing up to 30 pounds. Moderate to extended
periods of office work with heavy periods of computer usage. May be
assigned occasional to moderate periods of analytical tasks
requiring extensive reasoning abilities. It is Katmai's business
philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations,
according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified
individuals with physical or mental disabilities. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed primarily indoors at a well-lit military
treatment facility such as a clinic, outpatient facility or
hospital. The environment is normally air conditioned, but
conditions may change dependent upon circumstances. Work may need
to be performed in a fast-paced environment requiring quick
thinking and rapid judgements. Employee will be exposed to a wide
variety of clients in differing functions, personalities and
abilities. Exposure to bloodborne pathogens and bodily fluids,
latex, radiation or other contaminants and safety issues. May be
exposed to infection or diseases from contact with patients. Work
is highly social with patients and can be stressful with a high
emotional element. Decisions made may substantially impact patients
and their families. CSS Compensation and Benefits package:
- Pay: $28.95/hr
- Pay differentials: $3 nights, $10 on call
- SCA Health and Welfare: $4.22/hr paid toward employee only
medical insurance. Any remainder paid in cash on bi-weekly
- Eligible Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long and
short term disability, 401k, EAP
- Vacation, Sick time and Holiday pay per the wage determination
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on
the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Preference will be given
to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants
of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and
Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e--- 2(i). Executive Order 11246, as
amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination
based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their
compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
- Graduated from a nationally accredited school of nursing.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life
Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association and certification
in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Must have experience using pharmacological agents in patient
treatment and Cardiology testing, the desired effects, side
effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate
administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage
- Must have experience with the basic requirements for proper
documentation of patient care including medications given, nursing
procedures, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Must have a minimum of twelve (12) months experience working in
the setting of ICU or ED.
- Hold a current, active, full and unrestricted Registered Nurses
(RN) licensed in a nurse compact state license or Enhanced--Nurse
Licensure Compact (eNLC) or have a license from any United States
- Hold a national or state nursing license that is valid and
current with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse
actions. License must be unencumbered and remain in effect during
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Security Clearance (U.S.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity,
including telephone contacts, in accordance with requirements and
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a
diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare
team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate
communication format in addressing professional issues.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react
quickly in emergency situations-- Benefits Package SCA Education
Certification Name Category Health Services Exemption Type
Non-Exempt Travel 0 - 25% v16.2.5 Last sync: 2021-03-18 01:10:09
Katmai Government Services (KGS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Ouzinkie Native Corporation (ONC). ONC is an Alaska Native
Corporation (ANC) formed under the 1971 Alaska Native Claims
Settlement Act (ANCSA).
Keywords: Katmai Government Services, Colorado Springs , Orthopedic Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!