Live-In Companion/Caregiver - Colorado Springs
Company: Support, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Salary Range: $18,000.00 to $65,000.00/year depending on the
clients' disability level
Live-In Companion/Caregiver - Colorado Springs
Support Inc. is a highly regarded service agency that serves
individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We
have an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of
care and support for our clients and our host home providers. For
more information about our company, please visit us online at
COMPANION PROVIDER POSITION
We are seeking enthusiastic caregivers who are willing to provide
care within an individual who can no longer live independently in
their own community and don't want to live in a communal setting.
Host Home Caregivers share homes and lives with individuals with
Developmental Disabilities. As a Live-In Caregiver within our Host
Home Model, you move into the client's home and provide them
hands-on support, and ongoing daily care. You can help someone who
has significant medical concerns or behavioral challenges and make
a difference in their life as they become part of your family. Come
work for Support Inc. and get trained on how to help these
individuals flourish through life.
Respite options are available. Meaning, intermittent work with
clients depending on one's own availability and the needs of our
- Care-givers will live rent-free, including all utilities and
Internet, in a 3100 sq ft. stand-alone home located near the
intersection of Union Blvd and Purgatory Dr.
- The home is a tri-level that was completely remodeled in
- 4 bedrooms, 2 of which have en suite full baths, plus two other
bedrooms and two additional full baths.
- Care-takers would occupy the lowest level master bedroom -
quiet and private.
- The home also has two living areas located on separate levels
of the house. 2 Car Garage.
- House sits on a beautiful, xeriscape lot with large trees.
- The back yard is fully fenced and pet friendly. (up to two pets
allowed - subject to owner approval)
To qualify for this amazing opportunity you must have experience
with providing personal care
Supervision and assistance to a woman who calls this her home! She
is 29 years young, loves to
laugh, can be shy, needs structure and patience. Communication can
be difficult, active listening a must.
Autism a plus, but not mandatory. She loves people, animals, and
- Companions must be willing to be onboarded by Support, Inc.
basic requirements include Full application
- Background checks, references, and a valid Driver's
- First Aid/CPR and QMAP training. Safety Care and other training
can be discussed.
- The dedicated family and current providers will assist with her
person-specific training. This woman (who means the world to many)
will be included with each step of this interview and training
HHP Provider Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care
- Assist with hygiene care, meal preparation, dressing
- Provide a variety of recreational activities to enhance social
- Include client in family life and activities
- Accompany clients to supermarkets, museums, parks, dances,
recreation centers, etc.
- Provide transportation as needed
- Assist with medical care, including appointments and
- Provide documentation of progress notes and medical
- Provide training on life learning skills
To be successful, candidates . . .
- Should have a High school or equivalent education
- Must complete and pass criminal and motor vehicle background
- Must complete training for Medication Administration, CPR/First
Aid and maintain ongoing training requirements
- Must have at least 1 year of experience as a host home
- Should preferably have a Wheelchair accessible home
- Should preferably be experienced with medical needs, preferred
(i.e. CNAs, LPNs, RNs, etc.)
- WE ARE ACTIVELY RECRUITING AND PRIORITIZING HOST HOME PROVIDERS
WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH BEHAVIORAL NEEDS
Support Inc. Provides:
- Rewarding independent work
- Paid initial and ongoing training, including Relias, Safety
Care, CPR/First Aid, and QMAP
- Designated Support Team
- Assistance in finding Respite and home care Aid(s)
- Ongoing support and assistance
- Client programming and events
- And much more!
Support Inc. is a private community services agency.
Job Type: Contract
Support, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain
statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way
to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual
orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status,
gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational
qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
with unsolicited services or offers.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Support, Inc., Colorado Springs , Live-In Companion/Caregiver - Colorado Springs, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!