Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Overview:The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for
performing patient-oriented procedures under the direction and
supervision of a clinician, RN, or LVN to ensure safe and
appropriate patient care. The MA assists the clinician with minor
medical and surgical procedures; performs a broad spectrum of
clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of
patient care assistance.Essential functions:
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate company's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care, and concern with internal and external
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Anticipates the clinician's needs and carries out orders.
- Checks for patients' arrival status and escorts patients from
waiting area to exam rooms. Escorts patients to ancillary services
- Obtains, records, and reports vital signs and other pertinent
patient information to RN, LVN, or clinician.
- Performs various medical procedures and medication
administration as appropriate for their certification.
- Performs phlebotomy and processes lab specimens. and maintains
lab specimen logs as appropriate.
- Assists clinician with procedures as requested.
- Ensures proper documentation of all procedures.
- Maintains and cleans exam/treatment areas, specimen processing
areas, and medical equipment.
- Completes or assists with the completion of appropriate forms,
tracking, transport, etc.Education:
- Minimum: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant
program/Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) .
- Minimum: Phlebotomy certificate.
- Minimum: Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- Preferred: 2 years post-high school education or a degree from
a two-year college.Experience:
- Preferred: 1 year of previous Medical Assistant work
experience.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate basic medication administration.
- Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of infection control standards and utilization of
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to perform essential job functions using proper body
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
- Computer literate (i.e., logging on to computer, usage of
keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows and email
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability
to read, write, speak and understand English clearly.
- Customer service oriented.Careers with Optum. Here's the idea.
We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make
health care work better for everyone. Optum is part of the
UnitedHealth Group family of businesses and brings together some of
the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has
to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means
working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges
that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible
company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated
medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical
practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.For Colorado Residents
Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.50 to
22.00/hour. This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to
education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to
your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a
comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs,
equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are based
on eligibility). No matter where or when you begin a career with
UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits
Keywords: Optum, Colorado Springs , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!