Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Overview:Responsible for providing professional nursing care by
assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of
patients under the supervision of a clinician or RN, Supervisor, or
RN Charge Nurse. Delegates tasks as needed to professionals and
para-professional employees. Coordinates activities and works
closely with clinicians and staff to maintain efficient department
functions and ensure successful operation of the department.
Responsible for performing operational duties as required under the
supervision of the site administrator or designee.Essential
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate the company's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum's patients' protected
health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs various simple to moderately complex, comprehensive
patient assessments, tests and procedures within the scope of
practice of a Registered Nurse
- Obtains, interprets, records and reports vital signs
(temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure), height,
weight, and other pertinent patient information to clinician.
- Prepares patient for examination and other procedures.
- Develops an appropriate nursing care plan.
- Implements a plan of care by performing nursing interventions
and assisting with procedures.
- Instructs patient on procedural preparations.
- Administers medication and other therapeutic modalities within
the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Collects, labels and transports various specimens to
- Performs patient and family teaching.
- Maintains clinical standards outlined in the clinical
operations policies and procedures manual. Identifies deficiencies
and recommends changes.
- Documents and maintains records of medical and nursing
- Coordinates with clinicians and ancillary departments to plan
daily work assignments according to staff abilities, clinician and
patient schedules, patient flow and procedures.
- Ensures adequate levels of supplies are maintained.
- Ensures that all equipment is maintained.
- Performs telephone screening and advice under the direction of
- Directs patients to appropriate levels of care and authorizes
- Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of
refills as ordered by clinician.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance nursing
- Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients
and members on site, as this is an essential function of this
role.Employees are required to screen for symptoms using a
UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the
work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees
must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition,
when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to
wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be
- Minimum: Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Minimum: Current State RN license.
- Minimum: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (AHA) or
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Preferred: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Preferred: IV therapy and phlebotomy certification
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Preferred: AAACN---Experience:
- Minimum: 1-3 years of experience
- Preferred: 5 or more years of experienceKnowledge, Skills, and
- Computer literate.
- Ability to type 25 wpm.
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
- Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
- Skilled in phlebotomy and I.V. therapy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.Careers with
Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one
giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum,
part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings
together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on
where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest
potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams
against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find
incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)Diversity creates a
healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices
are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its
affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates
are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.For
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is
$25.75 to 39.00/hour. Pay is based on several factors including but
not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In
addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such
as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition
programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits
are based on eligibility). No matter where or when you begin a
career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice
of benefits and incentives.
Keywords: Optum, Colorado Springs , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!