Social Worker, MSW
Company: Rocky Mountain Health Care Services
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Social Worker, MSW, Colorado Springs
- General Information
Job Title:Social Worker, MSW
- 310 South 14th Street
- Colorado Springs, CO, 80904
- United States
Employee Type:FT Exempt
Minimum Experience:2 Years
Maximum Experience:99 Years
- Contact information
- Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: The MSW, Social Worker is
responsible for planning, organizing and implementing social work
services to Rocky Mountain PACE participants and families. The
Social Worker is an essential member of the interdisciplinary team
(IDT) and vital to the integration of person-centered care.
- Participant Focus
- Problem Solving
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Stress Management/ Composure
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for all initial, 6 months, change of condition and
annual assessments. Meets all assessment deadlines of assessment
- Presents assessments and overview of participant at care plan
conferences with the goal of providing a foundation for development
of the Plan of Care and team discussion of participant issues.
- Acts as liaison with participant and caregivers regarding
orientation to and ongoing relations with interdisciplinary team,
day center, and other Rocky Mountain PACE staff, including
- Provides ongoing support and education to participants and
family regarding a variety of issues, including but not limited to
the aging process, dementia, grief and loss, end of life, disease
processes, difficult family dynamics and changing roles. Performs
home visits as needed to assess living environment, mistreatment,
and support system.
- When needed, facilitates in home meetings with participant and
family members assisting in creating a healing environment and
client centered plan of care for participant.
- Provides referrals to contracted facilities, behavioral health,
community agencies and organizations.
- Assist participant in making housing choices. Will proactively
work to partner with participant and/or caregivers to advocate
participant in maintaining appropriate housing and assist
participant to function at most independent community level
possible. Coordinates as needed hospital discharges in
communication with attending medical and multi discipline PACE team
- Initiates referrals to external resources with community
agencies such as Adult Protective Services, Housing Authority,
and/or Colorado Springs Police Department
- Facilitates meetings with family, caregivers, participant and
team update or problem solves issues regarding the Plan of Care.
Mediates discussions between all parties. Refers potential
voluntary and involuntary dis-enrollment letters to Executive
Director for signature. Completes voluntary and involuntary
dis-enrollment packets, forwarding them to Social Work-CM Manager
for a scheduled 1on1 review meeting.
- Actively partners with IDT for end of life issues. Works to
provide emotional support, education, and funeral/financial
planning referral. Facilitates referrals to provider for palliative
care, or nursing home placement as appropriate. Assists
participants and caregivers to complete MDPOA, Proxy, and DNR
directives as needed. Provide supervision to student interns in MSW
internship collaborations between their respective universities and
RM PACE. Assist in training of new Social Workers-Cm by providing
shadowing experiences and information that is team specific.
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of
organizational meetings related to participant care or daily
operations, including but not limited to: daily IDT Meeting,
Quality Assurance Committee, and various in-services. Acts as a
back up to the Social Work Manager for the interdisciplinary team
(IDT) meetings, as needed.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in participants medical
records including assessments, change of status; temporary or
permanent placements; hospital discharges; participant staffing's;
home visits; disenrollment's and other significant events.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Will return participant related telephone calls and emails
within 24 business hours 100% of the time.
- Will attend Interdisciplinary meetings (IDT) actively
participating 96% of the time annually.
- Ensures all documents are submitted within 48 hours of
encounter 100% of the time.
- Completes all assessments and care plans within 30 days of
receiving initial participants as assigned on the first of every
ORGANIZATIONAL (CORE RATING FACTORS):
- Demonstrates support of the Company's Mission, Vision and Core
- Provides Exceptional Customer Service
- Ensures discretion with confidential information in accordance
with HIPAA guidelines
- Supports a collaborative work environment including courteous,
helpful and professional behavior
- Embraces Organizational Excellence through practicing
individual time management, efficiency and effectiveness and
participating in continuous improvement efforts
- Adheres to and supports all Company policies and
- Supports and practices safe work habits in accordance with
policies and procedures
- Brings ideas, problems and concerns forward and participates in
resolution and implementation
- Participates in and completes regulatory compliance trainings
within the prescribed deadlines
- Attends required meetings.
- Maintains skills and knowledge required including written and
verbal communication, best practices for industry standards, and
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- A minimum of one year of experience working with frail or
elderly population is preferred
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team preferred
- Experience documenting in an Electronic Health Record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and working conditions described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Requirements - Requires full range of body motion,
manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination; requires
the ability to use department equipment, to communicate
effectively; requires standing, walking, sitting (possibly for long
periods of time) and performing repetitive tasks (including working
on the computer) for up to the entire work day; requires the
ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds using appropriate body
- Visual, Hearing and Communication Requirements - Requires
corrected vision and hearing to within normal range, with or
without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to communicate
effectively in verbal and written form with all levels of personnel
within and outside of the organization.
- Pressure Factor - Requires working under stressful conditions.
Moderate pressure to meet scheduled and recurring deadlines
- Environmental Conditions - Working in a closed office
environment. Work space may be shared. Working conditions may be
noisy with fluctuating indoor temperatures. May be exposed to a
risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation,
substances and other conditions common to an office environment.
Subject to unpleasant odors.
Keywords: Rocky Mountain Health Care Services, Colorado Springs , Social Worker, MSW, Healthcare , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!