Company: Cheyenne Mountain Resort and Country Club
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Dolce is now seeking a Banquet Manager to join our team at the
Cheyenne Mountain Resort location in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Job Summary The Banquets Manager Level 2 is responsible for
assuring the success of all banquet events, while maintaining a
profitable operation and high quality products and service levels.
He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce
employee turnover; work with the department head to maintain
revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while
keeping quality consistently high. Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years
of related experience.
- Must have knowledge of service standards, food and beverage
preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations,
and liquor laws. Physical Requirements Often Sometimes
RarelyLifting up to 50 poundsx x Sitting xWalkingx Standingx
Bending neckx Twisting neckx Bending waist (forward or sideways)x
Squatting (crouch or site on one's heels) x Kneeling x Crawling
xReach above shoulder heightx Reach below should heightx Driving
xStoopingx Pushingx Pullingx Talkingx Hearingx Repetitive motionsx
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates
and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me!
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will
vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. Fundamental
- Associates must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow associates.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel's
- Maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted
productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Work with the Director of Banquets and keep them informed of
issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention within the
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of service in the banquets department.
- Assist in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and
- Ensure compliance with SOP's and procedures in all
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during meal
- Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance
with Wyndham standards.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel
- Manage the interviewing of candidates for banquet positions and
follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Complete tip reporting.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Manage banquet associates.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
- Ensure the training of outlet managers and associates on SOP's,
report preparation and technical job tasks. COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all. Our hotel
owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion
everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences,
and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and
midscale brands-delivers just that. We are AmericInn® by Wyndham,
Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham,
Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by
Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham,
La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by
Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The
Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by
Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with
offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai
and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000
team members worldwide. Our Company is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer. Job Location: Cheyenne Mountain Resort, 3225
Broadmoor Valley Rd, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906 Employment
Status: Full-time Please see Description
Keywords: Cheyenne Mountain Resort and Country Club, Colorado Springs , Banquet Manager, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!