Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior (Business Process Management)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Purpose of JobPositioned in the first line of defense to ensure the
overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs,
risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will
partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as
well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to
support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for
ensuring adherence to the governance of the established risk
framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including
risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of
control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating
risk and compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and
monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk
exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages
risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied
to first line of defense.
We are currently seeking a talented Business Risk and Controls
Advisor Senior for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home
Office, Colorado Springs, Plano, Tampa or Remote.Job
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls on behalf of
the business, and in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance
related initiatives which may include: oversight of
procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing,
document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure
governance, control design, or new product controls, supplier
governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls
and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the
effectiveness of established business controls.
- Serves as a first line of defense Subject Matter Expert in one
or more key areas e.g. Governance Risk and Compliance data (GRC)
- Holds responsible for first line of defense data analysis,
report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies
opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment
through actionable insights.
- Provides guidance in the execution of Risk Control
Self-Assessments (RCSA's), translates control deficiencies into
action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance
practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to
correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Facilitates, manages and oversees complex projects involving
cross-functional areas in the first line of defense.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and
implementation phases for effective and timely risk
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for
managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring and
management of resulting exception cases.
- Ensures adherence and compliance with regulations and controls
by examining and proper documentation.
- Serves as a primary resource to less experienced team members
and/or cross functional team members and advises on risk mitigation
opportunities. Stays informed of changes to the regulatory
environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and
requirements are followed.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 or more years operations experience in a relevant functional
area to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment,
information technology, public accounting or other related
operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives within
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry
regulations and regulatory data sources required*Qualifications may
warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. -
This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Demonstrated skill in one of the following or other related
designations: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA),
Professional Risk Manager (PRM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA),
Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk and
Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems
Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience interacting with and managing relationships with a
broad set of stakeholders (audit, legal, management, regulatory
agencies, and business partners)
- Understanding of common frameworks such as FFIEC, COBIT, COSO,
NIST and operational risk concepts
- Familiarity with Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) software
to manage risk and control documentation
- Understanding of JIRA and SDLC methodology
- Experience documenting risk and controls
- Strong analytical and project management skillsThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits package in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
09/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior (Business Process Management), Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!