Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tools Analyst
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Date Posted:2019-04-09-07:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N
Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USACollins Aerospace is a
leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for
the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by
bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems,
Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and
expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the
demands of a rapidly evolving global market.Do you want to be a
part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the
world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems
team helps civilian, military and government customers complete
their most complex missions whatever and wherever they may be. Our
customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications,
missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and
collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, youll have your
own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today
while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the
challenge? Join our mission today.Role OverviewYou will be
responsible for Team Center, and NX environments including
maintenance and upgrades, to support MITMS, Training & Mission
Solutions, Ejection Seats and Propulsion. The position is
responsible for contributing to maintaining and enhancing our PLM
infrastructure and supports the software tools used by our design
and analyses engineers. You will provide CAD application support,
data management and develop the workflow required, from design to a
finished component. This includes supporting various CAD
applications and the infrastructure supporting them. The position
supports documenting and providing additional value to Continuous
Improvement (CI) efforts.Primary Responsibilities:
- Work closely with business functional areas to understand and
define system requirements and makes recommendations for business
- Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that
need to be made and determines the impact to the business.
- Ensures that workflow programming requirements fulfill business
- Identifies current and future needs of the engineering
- Establishes technical standards and guidelines for the
effective use and management of the PLM environment.
- Develops best practices and internal training
- Leads project teams to support application development and
customization of tools (Team Center and NX).
- Develops improvements to tool strategy, tool deployment,
standard work and best practice.
- Communicates needs and requests received from end users.
- Contributes to the development and execution of test plans in
support of Team Center, and NX environments, their maintenance and
- Evaluates software vendors new releases, works with software
vendors to resolve issues, and advocates for enhancements/bug
- Provides ongoing system and programming support in responsible
- Must be able to solve complex technical problems through
research and technical analysis.
- Organizes and tracks the progress of systems by applying
project management techniques.
- Identifies issues that will delay on-time delivery and assists
in resolving them.
- Work with other members of the Engineering group to streamline
and customize our engineers PLM experience.
- Communicates to management direction, status, and problems with
work assignments through status reports.
- Works with management to overcome obstacles and complete
- Adhere to all UTC and Collins Aerospace rules and codes of
- Perform other duties as required.QualificationsBasic
- Three years or more of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) work
related experience, specifically data migration, upgrades,
interoperability with various CAD tools, workflows, and data
management within Team Center, and NX environments.
- Experience in direct interaction with engineering teams
- Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set
goals and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and
- CAD experience with a parametric modeling NX.
- Excellent computer skills, including skill in Microsoft Office
applications and the ability to learn new software.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels of the
organization with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to lead change and direct others towards standard work
- Ability to effectively provide coaching on PLM environment,
workflow management, and CAD work products.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and
ability to prioritize.
- Strong personal commitment to ACE principles with a bias for
- Five or more years of design experience of software,
electronics, mechanical and related
- Experience working with SAP and NX (latest release) or other
- Knowledge of integration points between SAP modules,
particularly ECC, EH&S and BI
- Experience with other PLM systems such as Windchill, Enovia, or
- CAD experience with additional parametric modeling software
such as Creo, SolidWorks, Catia, Inventor or equivalent
technologies.EducationRequired Education:This position requires a
bachelors degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of
relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of
relevant experience is required.Preferred Education:Bachelor of
Science Degree in Computer Science, Math and Science, or
Engineering and 3 or more years of relevant experience.Nothing
matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and
safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.Note:
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees
who have been gone from the company for more than 1
yearUTAS4220182Collins Aerospace--is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
protected class.Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd
like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates
for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you
suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not
respond, send money or personal information. Please report any
suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.Apply now and be part of
the team thats redefining aerospace, every day.United Technologies
Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
Terms:Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Colorado Springs , Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tools Analyst, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!