Software Development Manager
Company: SNI Technology
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Our client is seeking a Software Development Manager for a contract to hire position in Colorado Springs. The Director of Software Development will manage the development of computer applications software to create, improve, and support the client's Management Information Systems, including CRM, Program Management, Online Engagement, Human Resource, Educational and Financial systems. They manage the development of new applications, improvements and extensions of COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) applications. Plus, manage the software development process of 3rd party software developers.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and develops computer applications in the .NET framework using vendor SDKs in direct support of software development goals. Involved in the creation of business requirements, ensuring software development efforts are aligned to business needs. Coordinate software development efforts with business analysts, software testers, and infrastructure associates.
- Manages the Software Development Life-Cycle for both internally developed and vendor developed computer applications. Follows designated change management and software testing processes, ensuring quality products and positive end-user experiences.
- Manages staff in the areas of software development, project management, user support, and data administration.
- Assures that data relationships accurately reflect business processes, are relevant, accurate and properly support the needs of the business.
- Collaborates with various functions within the company to define business needs. Manage cross-functional projects to ensure effective and on-time delivery of solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONSPosition requires a strong technical background, with significant experience in I/T software design, as well as the ability to merge business requirements with technology solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience
- Seven to ten years computer programming and software design experience
- Two or more years of software development management experience
- Proven background in data structuring and organizing in relational databases, such as MSSQL
- Experience in Adaptive Software Development methodology with experience in the full software life-cycle process, including planning, requirements analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage software development projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong process analysis and design skills
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to travel up to (10%) including some weekends
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Preferred, but not mandatory, experience in Constituency Management and Fund Raising applications development a plus
- Preferred, but not mandatory, Microsoft .NET Development experience
Keywords: SNI Technology, Colorado Springs , Software Development Manager, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!