Director of Credit Card Ops and Credit Reporting
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB
We are seeking a talented Director of Credit Card Ops and Credit Reporting for any of our regional facilities to include a remote opportunity.
Manages and leads a staff in the development and implementation of an effective compliance risk management program to protect and minimize compliance risk to USAA. The Director of Compliance provides on-going compliance oversight for all credit card products offered by USAA, its affiliates and external third-parties. This Director will also be expected to build effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply
* PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides compliance oversight and drives change for all standards for data furnishers. * Collaborates closely with Bank leadership to develop policies, procedures and controls designed to effectively manage regulatory compliance risk for the Bank s credit reporting process including Metro 2 guidelines and industry standards for reporting and dispute response.
* Provides compliance oversight and drives change for all USAA credit card product operations.
* Collaborates closely with Bank leadership to develop policies, procedures and controls designed to effectively manage regulatory compliance risk for the Bank s credit card operations, to include underwriting, servicing, fulfillment and error resolution.
* Evaluate trends, support root cause analysis, and provide oversight of actions and responses for FCRA related complaints.
* Monitor, identify, determine business impact and applicability, and provide oversight of regulatory change management processes for all applicable laws and regulations through implementation and validation.
* Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA project/process/product initiatives specific to credit cards.
* Identifies compliance action plans that have regulatory impact on the company's business.
* Directs research and feasibility studies to assess regulatory compliance impacts and recommended actions on CoSA initiatives.
* Directs the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliance business requirements.
* Identify compliance-related issues and provide oversight of first-line identified issues, including the assessment of risk severity, tactical and strategic action plan development, identification of impacted members and potential remediation, and validation.
* Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
* Manages federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
* Provides oversight for compliance adherence through self-assessment programs and examinations.
* Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring, coaching, employee development, recognition, performance management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
* Determines action(s) required to best allocate resources.
* Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources
* Bachelor's degree required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 8 or more years of industry experience managing compliance risk associated with credit card products
* 5 or more years of industry experience managing compliance risk associated with credit reporting and dispute response
* Deep expertise of Metro 2 Guidelines, industry standards, and monitoring to ensure accuracy and integrity of credit reporting
* Strong knowledge of laws and regulations that govern credit card lending and open-end credit transactions (FCRA, FCBA, and ECOA)
* 3 years of leadership experience.
* Develop and manage talent.
* Proven ability to develop and manage relationships at all levels of management
* Strong written and oral communication skills
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
* Experience managing credit card compliance at a large financial institution
* Federally commissioned examiner a plus
* FCRA/Metro 2 Subject Matter Expertise
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
RELOCATION assistance is NOT AVAILABLE for this position.
FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
LAST DAY FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES TO APPLY TO THE OPENING IS 01/16/19 BY 11:59 PM CST TIME.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. For USAA s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please click here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please email HumanResources@usaa.com or call 1-800-210-USAA and select option 3 for assistance.
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Director of Credit Card Ops and Credit Reporting, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!