Care Manager RN - Oncology - Full time - Care Manager
Company: Memorial Hospital Central
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Care Manager RN - Oncology - Full timeApply now
Save job Saved
Location: Memorial Health Central - Clinic
Work Schedule: 1.0/80hrs. pp - Full Time Days
* Minimum Experience: 2 years of nursing experience. Preferred: Acute care and 1 year Case Management experience.
Works collaboratively with physicians, interdisciplinary teams, individual clients and families to promote positive client outcomes. Performs a care continuum process that assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the options and services required to support the individual's health needs utilizing skilled communication, education, and resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes. Provides focused support to various areas such as utilization management, emergency department, acute, ambulatory and specialty care.
* Demonstrates critical thinking skills when utilizing the nursing process, based on research, evidence-based outcomes and Standards of Practice to meet client's health care needs.
* Establishes collaborative partnerships with clients to assist them in examining patterns of health care needs, decisions, lifestyle choices, and utilization of resources that affect their health.
* Advocates, educates and coaches clients, the family and/or caregiver about treatment options, community resources, psycho-social concerns in order to set goals and help the client develop self-care skills and independence appropriate to their age and developmental level.
* Facilitates communication and coordination between members of the health care delivery team, involving the client in the decision-making process in order to minimize fragmentation in services.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Registered Nurse
* Other information:
Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience. Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
Required Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Preferred: Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider, Certified Case Manager (CCM).
Minimum Experience: 2 years of nursing experience. Preferred: Acute care and 1 year Case Management experience.
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit https://www.uchealth.org/professionals/residencies/ to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunitie
The pay range for this position is: $36.47 - $56.52 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee's contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years' employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
* Full medical, dental and vision coverage
* Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
* Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
* Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
* Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
* Wellness benefits
* 5 year incentive bonus
* Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
* Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Care Manager RN - Oncology - Full timeApply now
Keywords: Memorial Hospital Central, Colorado Springs , Care Manager RN - Oncology - Full time - Care Manager, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
here to apply!