Truss Plant Manager
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 23, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Truss Plant Manager is responsible for the
vision, strategy and leadership which drives the truss plant in
order to achieve and maintain high standards of quality, customer
satisfaction, delivery and manufacturing capabilities. Ensures
performance and quality objectives are met while minimizing
expenses. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company
are necessary to this position.-- Must be willing to relocate to
one of the Mountain States.Requirements to be considered for this
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Construction
Management or related field (equivalent experience could be
- 5 years previous management experience in a truss
manufacturing/construction related environment
- Strong understanding of the production process and consumer use
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process
- Possess knowledge in scheduling and shipping methods
- Ability to use strong judgment in analyzing, troubleshooting
and evaluating problems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel
and OutlookResponsibilities of the Position:1. Management
- Oversees all areas of the plant to ensure and maintain high
standards of quality, safety and service.
- Develops and maintains budget for plant and carries out the
plan to meet that budget.
- Sets the overall direction for the plant through long and short
term goal planning.2. Staff Development
- Identifies and implements training and development programs for
- Monitors employee performance and counsels employees on
improvement opportunities to ensure standards are met.3. Production
- Ensures that production is on schedule and delivery timeframes
are met and are optimizing lead times.
- Partners with Plant Supervisors, Office Coordinators, Customer
Service Representatives, Designers and Dispatchers to identify
areas of improvement.
- Monitors cost of production and ensures that those costs are
maintained.4. Inventory Control
- Ensures inventory is properly accounted for and accurate.
- Responsible for properly delegating and overseeing all aspects
of inventory according to policies and procedures.5. Safety
- Directs and facilitates best practices to ensure safety
standards are met during production.
- Ensures that all machines and equipment is being properly used
and maintained.All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy),
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or
any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC
(Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm
specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple
industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely
competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our
ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Colorado Springs , Truss Plant Manager, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...