Information Management Analyst Senior (Remote or Hybrid)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Purpose of JobUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate
the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and
their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to
innovative thinking at every level.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and
tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards.
This role may be responsible for one or more information management
function noted below: Metadata includes defining and documenting
data ensuring the information is understood. This may include
working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or
continue maintenance of the metadata. Data Quality includes
defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted.
This may include working with project teams to define data quality
requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data
quality. Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and
purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing
corporate risk. Data Security and Privacy includes managing the
security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in
compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This
may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to
GLBA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc. Master Data and Reference Data includes
managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage
its operations with accurate and consistent information.Job
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leverages advance data management knowledge in support of one
or many of the information management practices. This person may be
acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with
expertise for the information steward as needed.Tasks include any
of the items noted below:
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Align best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Responsible for the update of Information Asset Inventories and
validation to ensure data and assets are classified
- Champion and support delivery of information in accordance with
Information Governance standards and data management
- Integrate Information Management practices into existing
processes including ability to incorporate data management
practices into new and emerging information technologies.
- Review and validate metadata repository and metadata
association. - Improve metadata to add additional value to the
- Support Data Lineage collection and stitching to ensure
complete end to end data flow of critical data.
- Review, validate, and record data quality information including
data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for
data elements that support critical business processes.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks
including data quality plan development, implementing data quality
rule checks, monitoring data quality results, reports and
dashboards, as appropriate.
- Identify and maintain data quality corrective action
- Support compliance assessment process by reviewing and
documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment
- Analysis of Root Causes to identify existing or merging risks.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual
data quality risks.
- Recommend Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to
align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Create and maintain reference data in accordance to defined
processes and procedures.
- Manage quality and maintenance of master data as it is
- Develop archiving and purging strategies and processes in
steward capacity as needed.
- Partner with IT and Legal to ensure archiving and purging
activities of data is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Support compliance assessment process by identifying and
escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Partner with IT and other Information Management resources to
define and implement Access Management strategies in alignment with
Information Governance policies in a Steward capacity.
- Lead Privacy initiatives through classification and analysis of
- Ensure compliance and remediation of sensitive data in
accordance to defined policies and processes as a steward.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Science discipline is
required; OR 4 years of related data and analytics or technical
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of experience in an information management practice,
business application function, or data delivery. OR If Advanced
degree in a Business or Science discipline, 4 years of experience
in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant
- Proven experience applying data management practices and tools
to address data management risks and concerns during data
- Intermediate SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Proven ability to build business knowledge through meaningful
partnerships at the individual contributor through executive
- Demonstrates the ability to lead efforts of analysis and
resolution of problems or issues; identifies when and how to
escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Experience in synthesizing key information / data and research
in order to recommend information management initiatives that meet
- Demonstrated expert communication skills with the ability to
deliver presentations to all levels of management including concise
presentation of complex technical details.Preferred Experience:
- Current or prior Property & Casualty/Insurance industry
- Knowledge about Snowflake and AWS.
- Knowledge about Agency insurance business.
- Knowledge about Data Quality and Metadata tools like IGC,
Information Analyzer.The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200 -
$158,900* (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location).Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. - -Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class
benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional
wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.USAA is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Information Management Analyst Senior (Remote or Hybrid), Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!