Manager, Program Services
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Title: Manager, Program Services Department: Program
Services/Membership Reports To: Director, Program Services Basic
Function: The Manager, Program Services will provide education and
resources to local USA Hockey member associations to support all
aspects of youth hockey growth and association business
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not
Membership and Program Development
- Establish and maintain relationships with USA Hockey's
District, Affiliate, local association and industry leaders
- Provide support to local leadership on growing 8 & under hockey
through the development of tools, best practices, program
development and leveraging data.
- Attend Affiliate and association meetings, both in person and
virtually, throughout the country to foster relationships and
engage the audience with growth initiatives and leadership
- Help coordinate and administer several events, initiatives and
educational programs including, but not limited to; Try Hockey for
Free, Welcome Back Week, Girls' Hockey Weekend, Learn to Play, the
Hattrick Growth Challenge, Hockey Director/Association Leader
Course, and Leadership Development Symposiums
- Maintain, expand upon, and promote the Club Excellence online
portal and related association support tools to assist local
leaders in providing governance best practices and leading their
organizations with intent.
- Maintain, expand upon and promote the Find Hockey Near You and
Try Hockey For Free online platforms to assist with local
association grassroots growth.
- Research and build programs, resources, and best practices for
use by local associations.
- Liaison with professional hockey clubs and leagues on
partnering on grassroots initiatives
- Assist with adult hockey events and membership initiatives as
- Other duties as assigned.
- Foster a culture that encourages teamwork, open and
constructive communication and a positive working environment.
- Collaborate with USA Hockey volunteers on all functions as
- Collaborate with other departments within USA Hockey to further
membership growth expand member benefits
- Established experience in customer relationship management is
- Experience with public speaking or webinars a plus
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five or more years of professional experience in youth sports
- Experience working within USA Hockey's volunteer structure is
- Experience with the operations of an organizational board,
preferably in a youth sports environment.
- Must have excellent communication, leadership, organizational,
management skills, and capability to be hands-on and make difficult
and timely decisions.
- Strong relationship building skills required
- Strategic thinking, excellent written and verbal communication
as well as problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously
is a must.
- Basic computer skills and ability and willingness to learn
online systems quickly.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Public speaking or public instructing experience is
- Standard office equipment
- Work space within a multi-level building and indoor/outdoor ice
- Extensive travel required
- This position does require occasionally working on nights and
- Salary range is $50,000-$55,000 based on experience This is a
full-time, exempt position.
Our benefits package is generous and includes:
- Twelve (12) paid holidays, 10 days of vacation, 7 days of sick
leave, and 2 personal days.
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans with minimal co-pay.
We pay a substantial amount of the health insurance premiums for
- Life insurance and long term disability insurance are company
- Position to begin immediately at USA Hockey's national
headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any
other protected class.
Keywords: AEG, Colorado Springs , Manager, Program Services, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!