Senior Merchandise Manager
Company: Current Media Group LLC
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Merchandise Manager position is a full-time, salaried,
exempt position with a salary range between $75,000 to $95,000,
depending upon experience. This is an onsite position with hybrid
schedule to work remote. Work location is 6765 Campus Drive,
Colorado Springs, CO 80920.
Current Media Group Helps Make Staying Connected Meaningful
Current Media Group is a multi-brand direct marketing company
offering tens of thousands of products to millions of customers.
Current Media Group gives special meaning to life's moments, no
matter how big or small, with tangible expressions of love,
compassion, gratitude, and celebration.
Why Join Current Media Group
At Current Media Group, our most valuable resource is our team
members. We are proud that as we have grown, our company continues
to maintain its friendly, family feeling because we have built an
environment where employees feel welcomed, valued, and creative.
Our commitment to keeping a warm, positive work environment
encourages employees to bring out the best in each other.
Come join our team of creative, engaging, and motivated
professionals committed to making a positive impact on millions of
Benefits And Perks
We offer our employees a generous range of benefits that focus on
supporting you and eligible family members.
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short/long-term Disability
- Holiday/Vacation PTO
- Sick Leave
- 401K Participation
- AD&D/ Life Insurance
- Flexible Work Environment/ Hybrid Schedules
- Employee Discount Program
Current Media Group's Unique Brands
Current Media Group consists of four unique brands with more than
15,000 products collectively. Current Catalog, established in 1950,
specializes in heartfelt greeting cards, note cards, gift wrap, and
affordable gifts. Lillian Vernon, created in 1951, features
elegant, customized gifts, gifts for kids, and seasonal d--cor.
Colorful Images, introduced in 1987, offers a unique line of
personalized return address labels, stationery, home office
essentials, and collectibles. Fine Stationery, started in 2000, is
recognized for its personalized invitations, announcements, and
greeting cards that include well-known brands such as Crane & Co.
and Boatman Gellar.
Assists in the analysis, conception, and product development of the
Current Catalog greeting card, stationery, gift wrap and hard goods
product lines. Ensures accurate presentation of product line in
final mail order catalog and website. This individual combines a
creative and analytical approach to curate compelling, best-selling
products for an established direct mail/web business.
- Participates in the development of an effective product
strategy based upon sales review and analysis of historical
- Identifies current marketplace trends and translates them into
new winning product ideas.
- Oversees the design, manufacture and planning for all new
products including in-house, domestic, and custom imports.
- Manages assortment mix that is aligned with the category
strategy, market trends, revenue plan and gross margin target as
well as inventory goals.
- Develops concepts for creative, trend-driven stationery and
greeting cards, providing art direction to in-house design
- Recommends initial product assortment based upon historical
sales analysis. Determines number of SKUs, as well as percentage of
repeat and new products.
- Provides competitive product analysis utilizing retailing,
competitive websites, trade shows and trade publications.
- Maintains accurate product line listing, enters data on all
products to include correct count/design, targeted price, and value
- Manages product through the development cycle under the
direction of the VP Merchandising.
- Negotiates product costs, lead-times, MOQ (Minimum Order
Quantity), and other product details.
- Ensures final catalog layout and web presentation effectively
reflects key selling points of all products and is easy for
customer to shop.
- At final catalog proofing, the Merchandising Manager will proof
the entire catalog for accurate pricing, comparison to PLL, value
messages and accurate code numbers.
- Passion for creating new Stationery paper product from start to
finish in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Highly creative individual, trend-savvy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Marketing, or equivalent work
- Candidate with Art Direction experience a plus.
- Candidate with direct import experience preferred.
- Individual will have a balance of expertise in analytical and
planning areas, as well as a creative orientation with proven
- Strong analytical and computer skills including Excel, Word,
Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, analytical and creative critical
thinking skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented
- Must be able to work independently in performing job
Keywords: Current Media Group LLC, Colorado Springs , Senior Merchandise Manager, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!