VP of Revenue Cycle Management
Company: Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care
organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to
people facing access barriers through clinical programs and
education. We provide integrated health care services to include
medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 24outpatient
health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and
Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong "Hospitality"
culture. Our organization has over 800 employees and serves more
than 89,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central
regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation
Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Compensation (Pay): $153,548 to $179,515 /annually, based on
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD
- 403(b) Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Perks Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
Summary: This position is responsible for driving a revenue cycle
mindset throughout the organization. The VP of Revenue Cycle
Management oversees and directs all Revenue Cycle activities,
initiatives, and strategies across the organization and at various
operating locations.This position will develop and promote
effective operating policies and procedures; and continually seek
mechanisms to streamline and automate processes and system
integrations / advancement. Reporting to the CFO, this position
will work closely with Financial and Operational leaders to help
standardize operations and improve financial performance.
Responsible for departmental performance on organizational assigned
goals, metrics and KPIs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to all
aspects of the revenue cycle process.
- Monitor and research regulatory changes and propose actions to
respond to changing legislation/regulations.
- Perform operational reviews of revenue cycle processes with
payers; and provide recommendations.
- Evaluate and direct efforts (including analysts) to improve
- In conjunction with other department leaders, implement
strategic and operational initiatives for the full continuum of
Revenue Cycle Management, including activities in other functional
departments such as front desk.
- Provide input into strategic plans, goals, objectives, and
- Demonstrated competency in working in teams and ability to
effectively communicate with all levels.
- Responsible for managing and improving key revenue cycle
performance indicators and improving cash collections by:
- Increasing the gross collection rate;
- Reducing days in accounts receivable;
- Improving the bad debt ratio;
- Reducing the accounts receivable greater than 90 days;
- Improving the clean claim rate;
- Reducing denials from payers.
- Manage all service programs, including external vendor programs
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and
directives from Corporate Compliance and regulatory
- Oversee the integration of revenue cycle interfaces with
financial reporting systems.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract,
recruit and retain required members of management as needed;
provide mentoring as a cornerstone to management career
- Work closely with leaders in the areas of Finance, Human
Resources, Business & Health Informatics, Clinical Operations to
achieve business objectives and implement organizational
- Responsible for setup, implementation, and on-going maintenance
of practice management system with support from the BI
- Participate and attend Committee meetings as assigned or
- Review month-end reports; make assessments of progress, and
report to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors, as
- Interface and communicate with hospital administration(s),
surgeon offices and staff as needed.
- Responsible for payer contractual relationships, negotiating
contracts to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Participate in orientation and education of new sites and/or
- Maintaining a current knowledge of all applicable federal and
state privacy laws and regulations. For example, HIPAA.
- Cooperating with the Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Civil Rights and other legal entities in any compliance
reviews or investigations pertaining to the Revenue Cycle.
- Assess and respond to organizational and customer's needs with
innovative programs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist, monitor and support daily staff functions in
conjunction with the Revenue Cycle Management Team(s):
- Hiring and training of all personnel.
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring performance standards are achieved as described in
each individual job description.
- Scheduling and staffing assignments.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel, and
provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to
facilitate individual and team development that drives positive
Supervision Received: Chief Financial Officer
Supervision Exercised: Director of Patient Accounts, Director of
Business Systems Support, Director of Patient Financial
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Strong financial management skills, including the ability to
financially analyze data for financial reporting, budgeting,
forecasting, AR analysis and staffing analysis.
- Leadership skills to motivate department performance towards
goals and develop team working style.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the
organization's overall effectiveness.
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems
- Expert understanding of the revenue cycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify trend
and issues and ability to solutions to address issues
- Knowledge of contractual management practices
- Skill in computer applications including MS Word, MS
- Analytical abilities required to identify and resolve
underpayments relating to specific payers, coding issues,
- Ability to work effectively with staff, physicians and external
customers. Must display teamwork attitude and good inter-personal
- Ability to work independently with limited
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, and HCC coding.
- Exercises excellent listening skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education: Bachelor's degree in a Business, Finance, Healthcare, or
related field. Master's degree required. 10 years of experience may
be considered in lieu of both degrees.
Work Experience: 10-12 years of Healthcare Revenue Cycle
experience, required. Federally Qualified Health Center experience
preferred. Project management experience, and the data elements
required for a successful project, preferred. 10 years' experience
in a leadership position, required. Knowledge and use of the
NextGen system, preferred.
Language Ability:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common
scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal
documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication
that conform to prescribed style and format. Needs high language
Math Ability:Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as
probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane
and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such
as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
High reasoning and critical thinking abilities, analytical
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Internet
software and Database software. An individual should also be
skilled in PC based systems, and have keyboarding skills.
Certificates and Licenses: None
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.OSHA risk level/work
environmental hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA
Level Three. See Exposure Control Plan for details.The noise level
in the work environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the
duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The
employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening;
which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free
workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares
information from an employee's I-9 to data from the U.S. Department
of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To
learn more, visit: everify.com.
In order to protect the health and safety of our workforce,
patients, and communities we serve, Peak Vista Community Health
Centers (PVCHC) now requires all employees to provide proof of full
vaccination for COVID-19 or apply for and be granted a medical
and/or religious exemption. For more information on PVCHC's
response to COVID-19, please visit our website at.
Keywords: Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs , VP of Revenue Cycle Management, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!