SWDC Software Engineering Manager 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.The
Northrop Grumman Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC)
Modeling and Simulation Software (MSS) is seeking Software
Engineering Manager to join our team of qualified and diverse
leaders at Schriever Space Force Base in Colorado Springs,
Colorado. The SWDC program provides many key capabilities to the
Missile Defense Agency to include advanced OPIR tracking
capability, ground test support, and key modeling and simulation
capabilities. The engineering manager is responsible for
supervising a team of engineers, hiring engineers, and performance
evaluation. In this role you will work closely with the SWDC
program management team to
- Ensure engineering team has necessary resources and equipment
to perform job
- Provide regular employee engagement such as regular 1:1s, and
- Work with program stakeholders to understand program
engineering needs and perform hiring responsibilities in accordance
- Work within the confines of an Agile Release Train
- Ensure program engineering processes are executed in accordance
with program value streams
- Position will require up to 25% travel.Basic Qualifications
- 14 years with BS; 12 years with Masters; 9 years with PhD.
- Experience with Agile principles to include Kanban, Scrum.
- Experience managing small to medium sized teams.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools to include Continuous Integration and
Unit Test frameworks.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship
- Must have a DoD Secret security clearancePreferred
- Familiarity with Missile Defense Agency Modeling and Simulation
- Familiarity with Missile Defense System Architecture and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Program Management Professional Salary Range: $130,500 USD -
$195,700 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in
addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward
individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in
company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions
may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop
Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance
coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid
holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal
business. The health and safety of our employees and their families
is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain
up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman
employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have
an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant
to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently
stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order
14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , SWDC Software Engineering Manager 2, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!