Jr. Configuration Manager
Company: BAE Systems Plc
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Description Job Description:
What's it like realizing your potential at an innovative company
that takes on some of the world's most important challenges?
Rewarding. As a member of our Defense Intelligence Technology team,
you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who design
the products and systems that support enhanced military
capabilities, protect national security, and keep critical
information and infrastructure secure. With us, you will be able to
make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your
We are looking for a Configurations Manager to add their skills to
our team supporting infrastructure services and enterprise
engineering efforts for DIA IT Infrastructure Services and
networks. This is an exciting and dynamic job opportunity where you
will support a dynamic operational customer, and help advance the
United States military's analytic and operational capabilities.
The ideal candidate for this position would understand basic
concepts of configuration management. They will assist in
maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and
software development, security, and operations (DevSecOps)
lifecycle. They will also assist in defining and implementing
processes and SOPs for the management of hardware and software;
such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and
integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build
process. Implement version control processes, policies and
procedures. Utilize configuration management tools to store, track,
and manage configuration items.
In this job, you will:
* Work on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and
documentation configuration baselines (development, test,
* Regulate the change process so that only approved and validated
changes are incorporated into product documents and related
software, licenses, media, and other IT assets
* Track all problems and changes in product documents/software and
report changes, controls standard operating procedures and current
* Provide configuration management support to assigned projects
* Be responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental
and operational systems
* Identify configuration items implements change control
configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
* Develop or modify CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to
the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational
* Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from
initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system
* Ensure that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate
* Use or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and
A well qualified candidate for this position may also be
responsible for maintaining the CM environment, applying defined CM
concepts and procedures, developing applicable version control
processes, ensuring that processes are followed on hardware and
software development projects, and serving as an advisor to (or
non-voting member of) Government change control boards (CCB).
Salary Range: $64,100 to $84,900
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our
employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial,
and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are
offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings
accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance.
We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that
offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as
well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off,
holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental,
military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick
leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program
to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other
incentives may be available based on position level and/or job
specifics.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Education and
* High School Diploma + 6 years
* Associate's Degree + 4 years
* Bachelor's Degree + 2 years
* Master's Degree or PhD
Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements including one of the
following: Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, CySA+, or CCNA
* Organized with good written and verbal communication skills.
* Familiar with data organization techniques and the use of
* Follow established conventions and standards including creation
and maintenance of referenced documentation.
* Flexible and able to support multiple projects.
* Understands and applies more advanced concepts and processes to
* Assists more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers
in their activities.
* Works individually and also actively participates on integrated
* Requires minimal guidance and direction from more senior level
technicians, specialists, and managers.Preferred Education,
Experience, & Skills
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information
systems, telecommunications, or an engineering focused field
* Familiar with Event Tracking tools such as ServiceNow.
* Manages multiple competing priorities.
* Develops new concepts and processes.
* Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
* Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their
* Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or
* Can lead a task, project or team.
* Only needs guidance and direction from more senior level
technicians, specialists, and managers when dealing with new,
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the
U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense,
aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of
products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as
advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions
and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting
lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems.
Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts
- defending national security with breakthrough technology,
superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the
latest technology and defend national security, you will
continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a
global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that
truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based
in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense,
intelligence, and security solutions that support the important
missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in
everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and
IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and
operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables
the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat
threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new
levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills,
experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For
us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on
high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an
inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive.
Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy
work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with
Keywords: BAE Systems Plc, Colorado Springs , Jr. Configuration Manager, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!