Case Manager Registered Nurse
Company: Katmai Government Services
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Performs healthcare coordination and case management activities
IAW Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) instructions.Essential Duties
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice
(Accreditation Association for Joint Commission on Accreditation of
Healthcare Organizations(JCAHO), Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) &
Case Management Society of America (CMSA)).
- Collaborates with military and civilian healthcare providers
and staff and uses Utilization Management (UM) systems support to
identify high-risk/high cost patients within MTF population.
- Determines eligibility for healthcare coordination/case
- Coordinates with healthcare providers to ensure appropriate
appointment alternatives, access and quality of care.
- Coordinates services for eligible patients based on subjective
and objective assessment data and identified patient/family
- Facilitates a multidisciplinary team to develop a treatment
plan to address all identified conditions and problems. Integrates
health education, promotion and prevention activities utilizing
available MTF and local civilian condition/disease management
resources. Participates in the orientation, training and evaluation
of competency of newly assigned Case Management personnel.
- Attends bi-weekly and as-needed multi-disciplinary discharge
planning conferences within the MTF and as needed at the local
- Assists TRICARE eligible and Medicare-eligible patients in
accessing local TRICARE and Medicare providers in conjunction with
the MTF Referral Centers and the Central Referral Center.
- Maintains current directories of local Medicare providers,
suppliers, and Institutions.
- Evaluates case management process utilizing defined parameters
such as admissions, length of stay, level of care, Emergency
Department/outpatient clinic visits and patient outcomes and
institutes appropriate interventions.
- Generates and maintains appropriate patient administrative
records and provides upon request.
- Reports monthly summary of care to Director, Medical Management
(MM) or designee.
- Conducts monthly evaluation, in conjunction with Primary Care
Management (PCM) team, the benefit of case management. Closes case
management cases when maximum patient benefit has been
- Ensures a safe work environment and employee safe work
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) from a National
League of Nursing (NLN) or American Academy College of Nursing
(AACN) accredited college or university as delineated by
Headquarters United States Air Force Surgeon General.
- Minimum of three (3) years of documented medical or surgical
experience and at least one (1) year experience in Case
- Possess a current, active, full and unrestricted Registered
Nurses (RN) licensed in Colorado, be able to practice using a nurse
compact state license, or have a license from any United States
- Must maintain a current, valid and unrestricted State
nursing/social worker license in good standing.
- Case Management certification desired.
- Extensive knowledge of TRICARE, Medicare/Medicaid services and
benefits is mandatory. Strongly preferred working knowledge of the
military health care system as well as local community
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, organize, problem-solve and
coordinate daily activities to support effective improvement in
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices,
and procedures to perform patient assessments with specific
experience in the case management evaluation and assessment of
pediatric, adult and geriatric patients as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and ability to use basic office
automation and information management equipment and programs (i.e.
word processing, database management, email, etc.).
- RNs must have current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
certification from the American Red Cross. This certification shall
be maintained in a current status at all times while performing
services under this contract at no expense to the Government.
- Must obtain and maintain the site's required health screening
and immunization requirements.
- Must obtain and maintain any necessary security access and/or
- Must obtain and maintain all required documents,
certifications, licenses, etc. listed on the credentialling
checklist, sent by Katmai's Credentialing Specialist, for this
position for initial hire.Special Skills
- Experience in outpatient, home-health care, skilled nursing
facility, hospice and mental health services are desired.
- Experience with Medicare Eligible patients preferred.
- Excellent patient assessment skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills for patient education and
telephone management of patients.
- Sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and
social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a
variety of patients and healthcare staff from diverse
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak English in order
to communicate with all patients and other healthcare
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a
diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare
team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in
accordance with requirements.ComplianceTo be considered for this
position, all applicants must apply on the company website,
https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/We are a VEVRAA Federal
ContractorWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Descendants of Shareholders
and Spouses of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code
1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).Executive Order 11246,
as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination
based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their
compensation or the compensation of other applicants or
Keywords: Katmai Government Services, Colorado Springs , Case Manager Registered Nurse, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!