Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Manager,
Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa,
FL, Plano, TX and Charlotte, NC facility.
Manages and leads a staff in delivering best-in-class Anti-Money
Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA
PATRIOT Act, and other anti-money laundering program requirements.
Partners with relevant lines of business in meeting USAA's
regulatory requirements of preventing, detecting, and reporting
potential suspected money laundering and terrorist financing
activities. Provides AML operational oversight and compliance
solutions for USAA and its affiliates.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. -Primary Responsibilities:Job Description
- Manages the daily operations of AML staff by overseeing
alert/case volumes and providing ongoing coaching, guidance, and
- Serves as the primary resource to team members on escalated AML
detection/investigative issues and provides coaching and feedback
to the team.
- Responsible for management functions including new employee
selection, employee development, performance evaluation, and
- Creates and implements unit objectives and policies and
procedures to meet organizational goals and objectives in support
of USAA and its membership.
- Oversees and manages designated AML prevention and detection
environments and ensures regulatory and reporting requirements are
- Provides decisions on rules for money laundering activities and
filing of referrals.
- Interacts with law enforcement and industry and regulatory
authorities, as appropriate.
- Implements tactical and operational business compliance
- Identifies and implements corrective action for any outstanding
AML or BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) and OFAC compliance issues.
- Produces high quality narratives within Detection alerts and
discusses with leadership.
- Collaborates with senior management in developing strategy,
business plans/objectives for the AML/BSA team.
- Represents the AML/BSA unit on various committees, working
groups and complex projects, or initiatives.
- Leads training sessions on AML awareness and processes.
- Maintains AML expert knowledge and keeps abreast of money
laundering typology trends within USAA and industry wide.
- Advises senior management of AML risk exposure based on
suspected activity or employee misconduct or collusion related to
ML/TF activity.When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. - This will take
approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able
to change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 years experience in financial crimes detection/investigations
to include 4 years AML experience within the financial services
- 2 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management
- Strong knowledge and application of BSA, AML, OFAC/Sanctions,
and other AML regulatory policies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience reviewing, editing, and coaching on financial crimes
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills to
include communications to executive management.Preferred
- Transactional Monitoring experience within a Large Financial
- 2 or more years strong team leadership, communication,
interpersonal and management skills, with a track record of leading
- 2 or more years as a subject matter expert on BSA/AML
regulatory requirements and obligations with the ability to
identify emerging compliance issues or themes.
- 2 or more years engaging with audit, federal regulators, and
- Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining relevant
metrics and reporting to effectively measure and enhance functional
performance across AML FIU.
- 2 or more years managing multiple deliverables in a fast-paced,
high volume environment.
- Working knowledge of Actimize.
- CAMS, CFE, or equivalent.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $80.200 -
$144,500* (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. - Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. -
-Benefits: -At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. - These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!