Case Manager - Home Health
Company: The Independence Center
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Independence Center (The IC) is a Colorado Springs, CO
nonprofit organization that provides traditional and self-directed
home health care, independent living, and advocacy services for
people with disabilities. The IC's mission is to work with people
with disabilities, their families, and the community to create
independence so all may thrive.
The IC is simply a wonderful place to work! Our five Core Values
drive our culture: Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First,
Accountability, and Integrity. These core values guide how we
interact with each other and conduct ourselves on the job.
What We Provide
The IC offers a supportive work environment, competitive pay, and
great benefits including:
- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus (half given at 90 days, and half given at
- Flexible schedule!
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, D&D, and Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid sick and frontloaded vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement
The Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) Specialist is a case
manager position responsible for maintaining and supporting
Personal Care Provider (PCP) and In-Home Support Services (IHSS)
programs for The IC Home Health department. This position oversees
quality control of the programs, maintains current program clients,
and assists with program growth.
This is a full-time position with a 40-hour-per-week flexible
A typical day for this position includes performing 30, 60, 90,
180, and yearly evaluations at the client's home, working with the
Single-Entry Point Agency (SEP), and working with new clients and
caregivers to initiate care.Minimum Qualifications
- The ideal candidate enjoys meeting and building relationships
with new people, has an eye for detail, and cares about maintaining
integrity while providing quality care to clients.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of experience as a CNA or caregiver.
- Two years of experience in the home healthcare or medical
- Current driver's license and reliable transportation.
- State requirements mandate all Home Health agencies ensure
caregivers are vaccinated against COVID-19 (medical and religious
exemptions are considered).
- Desire to work with people with disabilities.
- Proficient with computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Teams, and Zoom.
- Demonstrates The Independence Center's core values of
Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability, and
Integrity as well as its essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry,
- Two or more years' experience as a CNA.
- Current or prior Colorado CNA license.
- Associates or BA degree.
- Knowledge of the HCBS Medicaid waiver programs.
- Current CPR Certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against
applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race
including traits historically associated with race, such as hair
texture and length, protective hairstyles, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability,
military status, genetic information, or any other status protected
by applicable state or local law.
Keywords: The Independence Center, Colorado Springs , Case Manager - Home Health, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!