Company: Ace Hardware
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Ace Hardware corporation is a retailer-owned cooperative of more
than 5,000 independent Ace stores in all 50 states, and 70
countries, with 14 distribution centers throughout North America.
Ace's distribution network is one of the cornerstones of the
corporation's success. By utilizing advanced technology and an
integrated team approach at our distributions centers nationwide,
we're able to consistently deliver one of the highest service
levels in the industry to our retailers. This commitment to
excellence carries through to each employee at our distribution
Ace is a place for you to have a long term career you can be truly
proud of with competitive pay, promotional opportunities, and
comprehensive benefits for you and your family. Ace Hardware
Distribution Centers are where team players collaborate to support
amazing retailers be the most helpful hardware stores on the
We have an opportunity for a Facility Manager at our distribution
center in Colorado Springs. As a Facility Manager, you will be
responsible for overseeing and directing distribution center
security, maintenance, and housekeeping functions to include
physical security and safety of employee, facilities and assets.
The Facility Manager role is essential in executing Ace's
operational initiatives while fostering a collaborative team
environment in a service-oriented culture.
You will be part of a winning team that enjoys:
- Comprehensive health coverage and life benefits along with
prescription drug, dental, vision and flexible spending
- Generous 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan which includes a
company match, and other company contributions;
- Eighteen (18) vacation days in 2019;
- Tuition reimbursement program;
- Generous merchandise discount program; and
- Business casual dress every day!
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Lead, support and encourage Ace Values: Winning, Excellence,
Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility and Teamwork.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all team members.
- Plan, direct and supervise loss prevention, maintenance, and
housekeeping personnel by incorporating Lean tools and
- Responsible for receipt of all capital purchases.
- Oversee and develop sustainability initiatives.
- Lead the facility in LP/FM best practice understanding and
compliance, safety awareness, training and HSE practices.
- Responsible for accurate and legally compliant federal, state
and local regulatory recordkeeping and reporting.
- Responsible for emergency management and disaster plans,
working in conjunction with corporate Loss Prevention.
- Primary responsibility for CMMS (computerized maintenance
management system) for all maintenance activities on a daily
- Effectively negotiate critical services and with multiple
- Flexible to deal with issues that arise outside of normal
- Other duties as assigned.
Job qualifications include:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in
strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, and
coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and
strategies to promote effective security operations for the
protection of people, property, and at time, information or
- Bachelor's Degree in logistics/transportations or other related
field or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional shifts and
Come along with us to serve a purpose and take pride in enabling
independent stores owners to compete and grow as they execute our
ultimate goal of being Helpful within their communities.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware,
they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at
their local store. However, have you also considered the people
behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the
invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd
like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of
their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware
Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a
policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company
recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills
and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each
individual and the organization. The company is committed to the
prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion,
color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national
origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran
status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal
or applicable state/local laws. Associated topics: community,
coordinator, corporate, director, general manager, manager iii,
representative, resident, superintendent, supervisory
Keywords: Ace Hardware, Colorado Springs , Facility Manager, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!