Dentist/Dental Director - Eastern Clinics
Company: Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Summary Title: ID: 0119-4947 Department Location: Eastern Plains
Medical Centers Category: Providers Description Peak Vista
Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization
whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing
access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide
primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare)
through 27 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln,
Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. Our organization has over
800--employees and serves over 95,000 patients in the Pikes Peak
and East Central Plains region.
Compensation (Pay):--$120,150 to $151,986--based on
*Other compensation may include signing bonuses, rural
differentials, and relocation reimbursement.--
Summary of Benefits:
To uphold Peak Vista Community Health Center's mission to provide
exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers by
providing the highest level of dental practice while embracing the
- Employee Engagement
- Caring & Compassion
- Make Peak Vista a Great Place to Work This job exists to: Serve
as coach and leader for providers, supporting continuous quality
improvement for clinical dental services, health education, and
preventive services. This individual provides senior leadership at
the site, partnering with the Dental Operations Director (DOD) and
the site Clinic Medical Director(s) to assure that organizational
key result areas are achieved. To perform dental care in the
diagnosis and treatment of patients in addition to the
administrative functions of planning and directing all dental
programs at the site level. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains own administrative schedule as appropriate,
leveraging administrative time to maintain optimal dentist
in-clinic FTE when possible or necessary.
- Maintains own clinical practice as defined by Peak Vista
Community Health Center guidelines.
- Provides care in the following disciplines of general dental
practice: diagnosis, preventative dentistry, operative dentistry,
pedodontics, periodontics, removable prosthodontics, endodontics,
fixed prosthodontics, oral surgery and orthodontics.
- Exhibits positive leadership skills, actively striving to
improve the patient and staff experience of Peak Vista including
strong communication skills.
- Assists in strategic planning and implementation of the planned
care model and it's applications for the dental program.
- Implements and aligns the organizational strategic and tactical
business plans for the dental program and region.
- Maximizes and maintains community linkages while acting as an
advocate for patients to ensure comprehensive scope of
- Assists with deliverables on grants and Total Quality
- Assists with clinical responsibilities, including customer
service, quality of care, and service standards.
- Oversees regional dental team's (including dental providers and
clinically-oriented support staff's) performance towards clinical
- Partners with Vice President of Dental Services (VPDS) and
Director of Dental Hygiene (DDH) in hiring/firing authority and
performance appraisals of Dental Assistant Supervisors (DAS).
- Works with DAS and DDH in hiring/firing authority of Dental
Assistants and EDDAs.
- Provides day-to-day direct supervision/coaching of all dental
providers in the region (working with DDH regarding hygienists),
and (in partnership with the DDH) the Dental Assistant Supervisors'
clinical functions, including recruiting, training and supporting
with hiring/firing authority and performance appraisals.
- Oversees completion of all biannual credentialing and
privileging for regional dental providers to ensure compliance with
malpractice coverage, patient safety, and appropriate access to
services within the dental program's scope of care.
- Responsible for appropriate management of complaints directed
at the dental provider team, involving the DDH and DOD when
- Provides oversight of region-level dental infection control
processes through partnership with Peak Vista's Infection Control
officer, the regional DOD and the VPDS.
- Evaluates the dental team for continual improvement of
efficiency and effectiveness and provides individuals with
professional and personal growth.
- Oversee relationships with dental schools in conjunction with
- Shares responsibility with the Vice-President of Dental
Services, Clinic Managers, and other staff in assuring an
appropriate clinical interface between sites.
- Assists with the management oversight of performance standards
within the clinic site, including integration with on-site services
(e.g. medical, pharmacy, behavioral health, medical and dental
operations, etc.) Partners specifically with site/regional Clinic
Medical Director to support service line integration and seamless
patient-centered continuum of care.
- Coordinates operational aspects of the site/regional dental
practice in collaboration with the operations team, including
maintaining patient access and productivity standards.
- Coordinates with DOD to ensure the minimum clinical coverage is
- Serve as regional Radiation Safety Officer. OTHER DUTIES AND
- Maintain a safe work environment:
- Implement, review, apply and actively enforce the clinic's
- Support he safety program by actively looking for opportunities
to improve safety practices and evaluate staff for safety practices
and ergonomic issues.
- Knowledgeable of and compliant with all laws and regulations
governing area of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant
- Cooperate fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our
- Other duties and responsibilities, as required. SUPERVISION:
- Manage and coach provider staff.
- Initial and annual Performance Evaluations
- Disciplinary action as needed.
- Leadership and modeling of Peak Vista values. SCOPE OF
- Authority for hiring and day-to-day coaching of dental provider
- Works with DDH and DOD to oversee efficient flow and effective
management of site/regional dental clinics and integration with
- Works with DDH and DOD to maintain quality of care and
efficiency. Progress is reviewed quarterly and results are measured
and formally evaluated annually. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS &
- Graduation from an approved School of Dentistry.
- Possession of a current license/DEA to practice dentistry in
the State of Colorado or the ability to obtain a Colorado State
license to practice dentistry.
- Current CPR Certification.
- One year experience in administration and clinical management
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Ability to flourish in team management and team-oriented system
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients and staff.
- Operational, implementation, and detail-oriented perspective
with ability to apply them to managing projects and tasks.
- Ability to diagnose and treat dental and oral disease.
- Working knowledge of the principles, standard practices
methods, and techniques of dentistry.
- Knowledge of preventative dentistry and educational
methodologies utilized in prevention with an emphasis on
population-health and implementation of public health
- Skill in oral health operative techniques. PRINCIPAL WORKING
- All Peak Vista employees, managers and leadership
- All Peak Vista clinical and dental staff
- Outside contacts such as community, dental schools, vendors and
other dental providers MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Dental materials and equipment
- Data and data-based development and resources
- Telephone WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Dental Operator--and equipment as well as usual office
- Ability to travel from clinic to clinic in own vehicle as
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Keywords: Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs , Dentist/Dental Director - Eastern Clinics, Executive , Limon, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!