Patient Experience Director - Colorado Springs, CO
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Requisition Number: 913755 Career Area: --Customer Service and
Claims Our teams are helping people from around the world. We can
bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and
problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to
helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here,
you'll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within
Customer Service, Billing, Claims, Enrollment & Eligibility and
across our global economy. Join us and find out why this is the
place to do your life's best work. SM The Patient Experience
Director will be responsible to assist in the leading, planning,
organizing, coordinating, and supporting the implementation of
programs and processes designed to build and improve customer
service, patient experience within his/her designated market. This
includes but not limited to employed, network as well as MSO
operational support through executing aligned initiatives across
the Mountain West Region that directly influence CAHPS, HOS, NPS,
employee & provider engagement, member growth & retention and
enhanced service culture. Primary Responisbilities:
- Actively engage leadership and staff at all levels to enhance
the patient, staff and provider service experience.
- Collaborate with market leadership to foster an environment
that supports high levels of patient, staff and provider engagement
in patient experience.
- Develop training programs, localized strategies,
unit/department based activities to increase awareness of specific
behaviors and techniques, which affect patient satisfaction.
- Facilitate effective training in patient service strategies and
behaviors to insure a culture of patient satisfaction.
- Coordinate Patient Satisfaction recognition programs and
complaint management programs.
- Role model's exemplary leadership behaviors that provide
examples of teamwork and performance.
- Maintain professional composure, decorum and consistently
projects a positive attitude.
- Comprehend and analyze survey data and patient feedback and
serve as a liaison to assist in patient service recovery and
- Provide leadership and guidance as a patient liaison and clinic
- Promote the importance of service resolution and recovery with
a high sense of urgency.
- Utilizes, integrates, and interprets NPS, CAHPS & HOS data to
assist organization in its improvement efforts, and promote optimal
- Works collaboratively with Senior Management to develop
strategic patient perception initiatives to support clinical
initiatives in meeting core measures, patient safety and service
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands
role in ensuring positive patient experience quality/performance
improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder
- Participates in performance improvement discussions as needed,
to ensure linkage with the company's mission, vision and corporate
- Develops patient high amenity offerings, continually assessing
programs for potential improvements; considers and incorporates the
needs of culturally diverse populations.
- Ensures effective communication with patient and family
regarding high amenity offerings and services provided, and
aligning with their needs and concerns.
- Responsible for developing and managing business relationships
that will enhance services available to patients and guests
including current physician and hospital staff relationships to
ensure an optimal patient experience.
- Maintains awareness of current healthcare and professional
issues that impact the delivery of care.
- Maintains consistent communication with Patient Experience VP
as well as team member across the entire Mountain West.
- Develops and maintains inter-departmental synergies and strong
collaborative relationships within UHG, OptumCare, Network Offices
and all vendor partners.
- Assist with special projects and/or activities as requested by
Vice President of Patient Experience or other leadership staff.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in. Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in leadership, healthcare, customer
service or patient experience-related field
- 3+ years of experience monitoring quantitative and qualitative
performance measurement and facilitate feedback to improve
efficiencies and enhance the quality of the entire consumer
- Basic knowledge of training curriculum development.
- Experience in guest/customer service resolution and
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite experience, advanced user in
Power Point, Excel
- Strong facilitation and organizational development skills
- Ability to plan, organize and be flexible in response to
shifting priorities and multiple clients
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to
travel to client sites
- Office base position with 50% local travel
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or
other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the
ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering
your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth
Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site
each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must
comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when
in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a
mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Certified Project Manager
- Previous experience in a healthcare or hospitality setting
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's
large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health
and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our
first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to
serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,
brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas
on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest
potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams
against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible
ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do
your life's best work.(sm) Colorado Residents Only: The salary
range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based
on several factors including but not limited to education, work
experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In
addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this
position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health,
dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending
accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k)
retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance,
short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability
insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance
Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident
insurance. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth
Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, protected veteran status, disability status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Here at
UnitedHealth Group, we've adjusted the way we work as a result of
COVID-19. At this moment, 90% of our non-clinical staff is working
from home around the globe, prior to COVID-19 42% of our
non-clinical staff was already working from home. Th--- Ready to
apply? That's great! Or maybe you've applied a few times and
clicked on this blog out of frustration. Whatever the reason, we're
glad you're here. Let's get down to the nitty gritty and give you
the information you're looking for. We've put --- A Pharmacy
Technician career at UnitedHealth Group can be challenging, yet
very rewarding at the same time. Our Pharmacy Technicians aren't
just clerks and cashiers. At UnitedHealth Group, they work in a
fast-paced environment directly with patients --- UnitedHealth
Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with physical and mental
disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for
any part of the application process, please call 1-800-561-0861 and
press or say 1 for Applicant to be connected to Recruitment
Services. Recruitment Services hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 7
p.m. CT, Monday through Friday. UnitedHealth Group is a registered
service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group
name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo
alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is
a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Colorado Springs , Patient Experience Director - Colorado Springs, CO, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!