Director, Business Development, Air, Space and Missile Defen
Company: CAE Inc
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Director, Business Development, Air, Space and Missile Defense
Role and ResponsibilitiesSummary CAE Mission Solution Inc. (MSI) is
seeking a Director of Business Development for its US Space Force
business area. The Business Development Director is responsible for
identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, and
supporting current business activities within the Space Force
portfolio. The Director will oversee and contribute to the
prioritization of new business pursuits and the development of
marketing plans and capture strategies across the Air, Space and
Missile Defense industry as well as provide insight into emerging
customer priorities and budget requirements. Responsible for
directing Military Intelligence to Air, Space and Missile Defense
Business Development of the organization's products and services by
performing the following duties:Essential Duties and
Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- This position is responsible for managing intermediate to
complex proposals using CAE Lead to Award processes. Responsible
for marketing new technologies and growing existing business.
Manage day-to-day progress of the program areas.
- Develop strategies and tactics for new MSI business consistent
with the strategic plan.
- Manage and operate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool,
such as SalesForce.
- Develop, manage and participate in win strategies and
negotiation of business agreements.
- Generate and present MSI Strategy and Business Development
activity and status reports to the Director of Business Development
and the Executive Leadership Team.
- Develop and manage Strategy and Business Development
- Develop and maintain relationships within the company, the
customer community, and industry to best assess and develop the
market and strategic environment.
- Gain detailed customer knowledge to ensure understanding of
customer needs and decision-making processes.
- Serve to communicate the company's interests to the customer,
and the customer's requirements to company management.
- Support overall CAE marketing, business development, and
communication initiatives and strategies in order to achieve the
company's new business objectives.
- Research, analyze, and monitor modeling, simulation, training,
mission rehearsal, and operational support markets to determine
market size, product/technology requirements, competitive position,
and industry trends. Provides market information to Strategic
Planning and R&D functions.
- Reads and interprets RFIs, RFPs, BAAs, etc. to determine
customer requirements and disseminate the information to the
- Identify business prospects, qualify, and track sales
opportunities. Prepare and deliver Executive Management
pursue-no-pursue briefings/presentations and bid-no-bid
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers, strategic
partners, suppliers, and tactical system manufacturers.
- Provide marketing support and customer feedback/perception to
Program Management during the execution of programs. Facilitates
- Generate and presents corporate, product, and technical
- Develop and manage bid and proposal budgets.
- Conducts product demonstrations and supports trade-show
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive DOD programs with
high levels of classification to include Top Secret Special Access
Programs.--Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration,
International Business or Administrative discipline with proven
- Understanding of US Department of Defense and military
protocol, customs and courtesies required.
- Experience in developing and implementing successful marketing
strategies within the training and mission rehearsal systems,
services, and/or modeling and simulation industry.
- Demonstrated leadership and capability to work in a team
- Ability to operate successfully in a volatile and dynamic
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Relative experience with knowledge of US DOD Acquisition
Policies and Procedures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project and
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of DoD/Military and Interagency training
methodology and procurement practices/regulations is
- Recent experience in: Air Force or related industry, Space and
Missile Defense is preferred.
- Current TS/SCI Clearance
- Background in Business Development, Capture and Proposal
- Leadership skills in stressful, dynamic environments
- Ability to develop complex solutions to solve customer
requirements--Security Responsibilities Must comply--with all
company security and data protection / usage policies and
procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling
of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge
any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a
need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without
management approval. All government and proprietary information
will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided
- --Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security
Clearance - TS/SCI Work Environment and Physical DemandsThis job
operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely
uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must have the ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to sit and operate a personal computer for long
- Extensive domestic and occasional international travel---Other
Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives
consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster
.PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will
not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees
or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.Position
TypeRegularCAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However,
only those whose background and experience match the requirements
of the role will be contacted.Equal Employment OpportunityAt CAE,
everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no
exception.As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're
proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.At
CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality,
colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, disability or age.The masculine form may be used in
this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men,
women and the gender diverse. Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time 74353
About Us CAE is a high technology company, at the leading edge of
digital immersion, providing solutions to make the world a safer
place. Backed by a record of more than 70 years of industry firsts,
we continue to reimagine the customer experience and revolutionize
training and operational support solutions in civil aviation,
defence and security, and healthcare. We are the partner of choice
to customers worldwide who operate in complex, high-stakes and
largely regulated environments, where successful outcomes are
critical. Testament to our customers' ongoing needs for our
solutions, over 60 percent of CAE's revenue is recurring in nature.
We have the broadest global presence in our industry, with
approximately 10,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in
over 35 countries. www.cae.com CAE offers interesting, diverse and
challenging work. Our multiple businesses and global sites create a
highly dynamic and stimulating environment that offers ample
opportunity for creativity, learning and growth. Our innovative
technologies and services, and the people who collaborate every day
to deliver exceptional service to our customers, are at the heart
of what makes our organization successful and a great place to
work. "One of the greatest things about working at CAE is the
people I get to work with. I enjoy collaborating with highly
dedicated and professional colleagues from around the world every
day." Alexandre Lapointe, Global Engineering
Keywords: CAE Inc, Colorado Springs , Director, Business Development, Air, Space and Missile Defen, Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!