Product Management Manager (Remote Work Environment Available)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Product Management
Manager for San Antonio Home Office, Phoenix, Colorado Springs,
Tampa, Tampa Crosstown campuses or 100% Remote Work
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis
of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the
product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make
strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to
sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business
questions and providing insights to improve business performance.
Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in
the development and launch of less complex, new products with
channel partners.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means
to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Leverages resources to gather analytics, competitive
intelligence, and member information to support formulation of
- Participates in the development of product strategy
- Develops recommendations to launch new products or sales
strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates
with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partners with phone and digital teams on how to effectively use
sales guides and provides education on products and services,
including new offerings and enhancements to existing features.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential
providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support in developing, editing, and distributing
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes,
financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control
partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to
ensure product offerings are designed, implemented, and managed in
compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales
forecast and planning.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 6 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting
- 2 years of product management, or similar strategic management
experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing
- 1 year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Advanced experience in creating product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make
product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk
and compliance requirements.*Qualifications may warrant placement
in a different job level*When you apply for this position, you will
be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- 1-2 years' experience with modernization of systems, products
and technology requirements
- Experience with large-scale, multi-ART development efforts
utilizing the SAFe methodology.
- Implementation of new product offerings on a modernized
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Proficient or Advanced knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office
applications.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including
a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 11/05/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Product Management Manager (Remote Work Environment Available), Executive , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!